Apple Store Goof (again)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Mac til death, Jun 24, 2003.

1. Mac til death macrumors regular

Check out the specs for the new PowerMac G5 on the Apple Store.

Sombody goofed (again)...

2. Lyle macrumors 68000

Lyle

Re: Apple Store Goof (again)

Good grief. Quick, someone, send them a snapshot of the leaked specs from last Thursday night so they can get this corrected. ;)

3. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

Steve spoke about this yesterday in his Keynote, admitting that it was a mistake. Nobody is perfect, with the speed of the internet its a wonder that there aren't more mistakes. I give him credit that he was ablet olaught about the situation. Just hope tha no one lost their job!

4. GeneR macrumors 6502a

GeneR

Doubtful.

Isn't it funny, if they say it's a "mistake" and yet they do it again? A $2 billion/year company? Hmmm. Sounds more like a prank.

5. Lyle macrumors 68000

Lyle

I know that the original leak of the G5 PowerMac specs on Thursday night was a "mistake" (or at least that's the party line). I think that what Mac til death was pointing out was that if you go to the Apple Store right now, the graphic in the upper left corner of the Power Mac G5 still lists the old G4 specs (e.g. "Dual PowerPC G4 processors up to 1.42 GHz"). Everything else on the page does seem to be updated with the information for the G5, though.

6. MacFan25 macrumors 68000

MacFan25

Heh, I can't believe this happened again. :eek: I wonder what is up.

Aren't there like 3 other threads on this though? I don't know which was first.

7. Spock macrumors 68000

Spock