apple store has them

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by technocoy, Nov 16, 2002.

1. technocoy macrumors 6502a

technocoy

OK,
    i'm a little miffed, i ordered a 1ghz the day they came out, with a 22in cinema display, i get my display yesterday and it is all brown looking around the edges of the lcd, and my color is all off. sooo, i take it to the durham apple store (shout out to arn:D ) and they set me up for a return to get a new one.... while i'm there, two people walk in and buy new ghz TiBooks!!! i asked the guy if they had just gotten them, and he said they got them last weekend!!! so i called to see if i could cancel my order, and go buy one in durham, and they won't let me!!! aaahhh!! AND they said it will still be 2-3 weeks before delivery!! i'm sad:(

has anyone bought theirs yet?? i'm wondering about the performance... i would love to drool a little in anticipation:p

thanks,
    technocoy

2. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Ouch, that really sucks. Did you get a custom or just one of the regular versions? Because in the store all you can get is the standard configs and then pay even more money for the Geniuses to add memory.

Good luck,

D

3. technocoy thread starter macrumors 6502a

technocoy

custom

yeah, i did add the 512 for a gig of ram, so i guess i would pay a little more, but he said they were the superdrive version, and (fit being thrown) I WANT IT NOW!!

oh god, i sound like the glutton from willy wonka!!!:p

oh well,
    nothin' i can do but wait....

anyone else got theirs?? love to hear some stories/comparisons.

4. mmmdreg macrumors 65816

mmmdreg

have you gotten the replacement display yet? is it alright now?