Apple Store in Appleton!

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by AliensAreFuzzy, Aug 16, 2004.

1. AliensAreFuzzy macrumors 68000

AliensAreFuzzy

I'm getting sick and tired of having to drive all of the way to Wauwautosa (hehe funny Wisconsin name) to go to an Apple Store.
    I seriously think that it would be in Apple's best interests to build an Apple Store in the Fox River Mall in Appleton Wisconsin.
    I have several reasons which I will present in this numbered list:

Dan's Numbered List
    1) Currently the furthest north in the midwest that an Apple Store is located is Wauwautosa, WI. This is too far south for many people in Wisconsin and Upper Michigan to go to a mall. Most will rather go to the Fox River Mall in Appleton, WI.
    2) Besides the local population of nearly 200,000 the Appleton/Fox Cities area draws from nearly all of Wisconsin and the UP.
    3) Many Apple users live in the area (My family and 2 out of 5 of my immediate neighbors use them) and more would follow if they could use/see macs first hand.
    4) Just think about the Marketing opportunities: An Apple Store in Appleton. They could build a flagship store on the name alone.

I think that an Apple Store would really thrive in the Fox River Mall. It would be a great opportunity for Apple to get some exposure in a somewhat neglected area.

2. Peter9 macrumors member

great, as soon as I move from green bay to school in milwaukee, we get one here :rolleyes:

3. AliensAreFuzzy thread starter macrumors 68000

AliensAreFuzzy

Hey if we do get one, you can vistit it when you come home

4. Kwyjibo macrumors 68040

Kwyjibo

yeah ... dumb ... just wishing for one doesn't make anytihng happen ... oh yeah isn't it campaigning?

5. AliensAreFuzzy thread starter macrumors 68000

AliensAreFuzzy

Oh, I've written e-mails to Apple's VP of retail, done research on the subject, you know, statistics about the mall, mac use in the area, potential customer base.
    I'm not just wishing it. I'm doing something about it.

6. XIII macrumors 68040

XIII

Yeah well, you may be wishing for one nearer you, but here in the UK, they are only just getting one for London, miles away from me. Thats the first one in the UK. Still, the rent of that site is £1.5 million a year, so its gonna be pretty big...

7. Kingsnapped macrumors 6502a

Kingsnapped

That would rock. When I move to Florida, it'll open up and I'll have one nearby wherever I'm home.

Appleton has that authorized reseller at Sound World. They aren't bad.

8. AliensAreFuzzy thread starter macrumors 68000

AliensAreFuzzy

Yeah, but it's not an Apple Store. Computer World is good but they often don't have the latest computers and software to play with. And the atmosphere of an Apple Store is a lot cooler.

9. cluthz macrumors 68040

cluthz

Hope you'll get the store..

I'm soo exited now, because there are opened TWO new apple stores in my city this month!! We have only had one (used to be two) the last five years and suddenly we have three!!!

:)

10. Kingsnapped macrumors 6502a

Kingsnapped

The Apple Store atmosphere is mucho cooler, but there are a few things that you can't do at an Aple store. They had minis for sale (and to play with) as soon as they were out, and they let me sit down and play halo for a while on their baddest g5. It's only a half hour from me, while the Brookfield Apple store is a two hours, so I think it's alright for a short drive.

11. mFrahm macrumors newbie

So, are you saying Minneapolis/St.Paul aren't in the midwest? We have three Apple stores open here now. MOA, Southdale & Rosedale.

12. wide macrumors 6502a

Ugh it makes no sense that there is only one Apple Store in NYC. Does anyone know of plans for another New York store?

13. dxp4acu macrumors regular

Appleton!!!

I have sooo been wanting to move there, and I have no freakin idea why. My wife is in med school in dallas, and I told her that for her residency we should go to _____, a place that's far off and something neither of us would have thought of. Then wisconsin came to mind, and I remember getting stuff in the mail in high school from a college in appleton that said appleton was voted best place for families or something like that. So why not appleton!

Tell me, do you really like it? What do you like about it. I was somewhat joking to my wife, but if we find that we like it, we may just move up that way!

14. jemeinc macrumors 6502a

Brookfield ?... Damn, I grew up on Greenfield Ave in Brookfield... I LOVED that place... Where's the Apple store ?... Man , I remember riding my bike to the Bluemound Bowl... Except for the weather, that's a real nice place to raise a family- at least it was when I lived there- way back when the Packers played half their games at County Stadium... lol...

15. NCTRNL macrumors regular

Well there isn't one even close to me here in KC...St. Louis is the closest. I wish we had one in KC...

16. 150hp macrumors regular

Appleton Apple Store would be sweet. I got a chance to check out the one in the Mall of America. I had no idea it was there. I just was mindlessly strolling down the way & all of a sudden was the APPLE storefront. Later, regailing my inlaws with the joy I felt just browsing (& checking my email cuz my brother inlaws Gateway was acting nasty) around was lost on them.

So, I would love to have on closer to home.

17. homerjward macrumors 68030

homerjward

my dad used to teach at lawrence university there. do they have an apple student store? actually i guess that would only apply if you were a lawrence student...well good luck. although i must say i think san antonio needs one at rivercenter mall worse than appleton needs one.

18. rdowns Suspended

rdowns

While I have no link, I do recall reading something about that. Apple should open near Macy's on 34th Street. Huge shopping area and full of tourist shoppers too.

19. AliensAreFuzzy thread starter macrumors 68000

AliensAreFuzzy

No, I'm just saying that Minneapolis/St. Paul doesn't draw from the same area. The Fox River Mall draws from basically everywhere in the UP and most of Wisconsin and consistantly. The MOA area draws from a large number of places but many are just one time visitors. MOA draws it return shoppers from more of a localized area which doesn't include most of Wisconsin or the UP. Which is why an Apple Store in Appleton would be ideal, because people already drive to FRM regularly from UP and most of wisconsin.

20. mattthemutt macrumors regular

mattthemutt

How would I write to Apple and ask them about an Apple store in Canada? I'm not too sure as to how I would approach them...

21. filmmaker2002 macrumors regular

There is no Apple Store in Brookfield, unless you count CompUSA, and we all know that doesn't really count. The Apple Store is in Wauwatosa inside Mayfair Mall on Mayfair Road.

22. Kingsnapped macrumors 6502a

Kingsnapped

I feel very retarded. By bookfield, I meant brookfield square mall, which I confuse with Mayfair on a regular basis. Sorry to get yer hopes up...

23. berhr macrumors newbie

You know, I've thought an Apple Store in the Fox Valley would be a good idea too. Although the northwestern part of Wisconsin probably frequents the Twin Cities, I think there'd be a sufficient market in Appleton as a good portion of the state visits the FRM. Probably helps that for many Wisconsinites, it's on the way to Green Bay :)

Of course, an Apple Store there would be some big competition for that Computer World store. I haven't been to that store in about 8 years (back when my family first bought a Mac), so hearing about it brings back some nostalgia.

Anyway, I'm just glad that Mayfair Mall is near by (I'm going to school at Carroll College in Waukesha). I'm not much into shopping, so at least half of my visits to Mayfair have been just for the Apple Store :)