Apple Store in Bethesda, Maryland

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Sayhey, Dec 5, 2003.

1. Sayhey macrumors 68000

Sayhey

Apple has begun listing an opening for an Apple Store manager on their website for a location in Bethesda, Maryland. This would be the second Maryland store (Towson is the already existing location) and the fourth in the DC-Baltimore metro area. The store is to be opened in the Montgomery Mall. No opening date has been announced, but it appears to be one of the stores to open before the startup of school in 2004.

2. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

Re: Apple Store in Bethesda, Maryland

So it sounds like by Fall 2004. Four stores in the DC-Baltimore area, nice. Maybe that means that we might just see another store in the Boston area. The South Shore would be a good location. Currently North Shore and two in Boston proper.

3. tazo macrumors 68040

tazo

Count that *two* stores not built in California! ;)

4. Sayhey thread starter macrumors 68000

Sayhey

But tazo, One Stockton in San Francisco and the Mission Viejo store down south will make up for it. I also hear there will be a store in Irvine sometime next year - so Apple hasn't given up on California just yet. :p

5. tazo macrumors 68040

tazo

Jesus christ, a store in Irvine? Perhaps next to the golf course :rolleyes: I meant golfcourses.

6. Sayhey thread starter macrumors 68000

Sayhey

With the Irvine and Mission Viejo stores it will mean 4 stores in Orange county. I think that will tie LA's record (is Northridge part of LA county?). Orange County is rather large, but you would think a few in the Central Valley (Fresno, etc.) might be in order. Of course, we will take more up in the SF Bay Area anytime they feel the need. ;)

7. tazo macrumors 68040

tazo

I think when it becomes 2:5:1 [mcdonalds:starbucks:apple] on every damn streetcorner in california, there will still be no apple stores in a few states. it's redicululous. I know apple wants the homecourt advantage, but isnt 1 a person in CA enough? Maybe they would like to make a few sales in other parts of the country.

8. Sayhey thread starter macrumors 68000

Sayhey

LOL, just a slight exaggeration of the number of stores in the golden state. Let's see - over 30 million people in California, more people in the SF Bay Area than in the entire state of -- saaay -- Washington, for example, and much higher than average installed user base, think all that might have something to do with the attention paid here? :D Don't worry tazo, it looks like Apple is doing well with these stores, and as long as that happens there will be more openings in obscure places like -- saaay -- Seattle. :p

9. tazo macrumors 68040

tazo

You may be the first person to say that 1million+ people equates to obscure ;)