Apple Store in NYC on Fifth (5th) Avenue on launch day

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by Dbph, Jun 16, 2010.

1. macrumors newbie

I'll be there. Can't wait to pick up my new iPhone.
    Anyone else excited to be at this location?

2. macrumors 65816

I'm actually excited not to be at that location. It's going to be packed!

3. thread starter macrumors newbie

To each their own.
    :)

4. macrumors 6502a

I reserved it there. I'll be there at 5am sharp

5. macrumors regular

I'll be there! About 6pm! Very excited. :D

6. macrumors regular

Apple Store in NYC on Fifth Avenue on launch day

This store is open 24/7. What time will the lines start for non-prereserves? Does the phone start going on sale at 12am or 7am like the other stores. What time do i have to get there if i dont want to wait too many hours on line?

7. macrumors 6502

Not to be rude but you should probably ask someone that works at the NYC 5th Ave. store..

8. macrumors 6502

pretty sure they sell them at 7am. They never do midnight events.

9. macrumors 68030

TheBritishBloke

10. macrumors newbie

I'm planning to go about an hour before they open.. Anyone else gonna keep me company?

11. macrumors newbie

:)

hey guys this is going to be my first iphone im so excited. im off at work at 6pm on wednesday so i was planning to be there around 630ish. is that a plan or no? :confused:

12. macrumors newbie

You'll probably have plenty of company...from the hundred or three people that'll be in line ahead of you!

13. macrumors newbie

Apple Store On 5th Avenue

I actually was able to place a preorder for the phone and I went to the store to find out exactly how things would work.
    They told me that there would be 2 lines-one for preorders and one for the rest.
    Even though I have a preorder I am going to get there early because I am sure there will be people camped out days before the phone goes on sale

14. macrumors member

I'm one of the many who got locked out of the prerelease phones and plan on getting to the cube around 5am for my 4th iPhone

15. macrumors newbie

I'll be there about 6 am, pre order all good.
    They are really organized at this store, and it's a party atmosphere.
    How could it not be -- being the worldwide flagship store.

16. macrumors newbie

If you picked the 5th Ave store, you made a great choice. I have two Apple stores closer to me, but still go to 5th ave for these events.

I have one on reserve (got lucky somehow, the apple site just started working after a few tries, at around 6:30 am on Tuesday).

I still plan to get there somewhere around 4-4:30 am. 6am is when a lot of people wake up normally and I'm sure the line will be huge by then. At 4am I think it should only have the overnight campers. I am concerned, however, about some people going there very early in the hopes of making it into work afterwards.

17. macrumors newbie

I'm planning on going either to the 5th Avenue or UWS store early on Thursday morning to get in line for an iPhone 4 (I don't have one reserved). Does anyone have experience of lining up for an iPhone on launch day, to give me an idea of how early I have to get there to give myself a good chance of getting one?

Thanks.

18. macrumors newbie

Sounds good, I can't wait! I'll probably go sometime around 4-5am to get in line with the people camping.

Those of us who have a device on reserve should hopefully get in and out pretty quickly.

:apple: = :cool:

19. macrumors 65816

RalfTheDog

I should be in NYC on launch day. If anyone spots me, say hi. I will be the guy who thinks he is a talking dog. I did not get a chance to preorder. I hope I don't stand in line for hours then go home empty handed.

20. macrumors newbie

Wow 4 am?
    A real fan.
    I am one express stop away so still might go for 530 or 6
    Hope its a sunny day!
    LOL

21. macrumors newbie

Yes, I plan to get there around 4am. I have a reservation and am praying to the iphone gods that the line for reserves won't be as long as the line for non-reserves. I'm hoping that the activation process will be painless and quick after the doors open at 7am so I won't have to spend my entire morning/afternoon there.

22. macrumors 6502

I'm trying to avoid that store at all costs, it is just TOO crowded. Especially with the insane amount of tourists who go there. I'm just gonna go to AT&T, except I'd prefer the more upbeat, party atmosphere haha

23. macrumors regular

Does anyone want to speculate/estimate how many people will be there later in the day? I'm planning on meeting up with my friend and then going to the cube at about 5:30-6:00pm. Hoping there is a moderate or small line at best. (can't expect no line at all!)

24. thread starter macrumors newbie

I spoke with a rep at the 5th ave store today...
    They let me know that the latest they can do ATT activations on launch day will be 10pm.
    Has anyone else heard this kind of information? I was very surprised that this might be the case. :confused:

25. macrumors newbie

I think that makes sense, given that the email says "Please note that your reservation will be held until close of business on June 24." I think if you wait in line and just don't make it in time, they will give you some sort of pass to pick it up the next day (not sure about this).

I think not going in the morning is a bad idea. This store will attract a lot of tourists and I think the line will be huge when the after-work crowd arrives.

Does anyone know if there is a webcam pointed at this area so that the line could be monitored the night before?