Apple Store in Old Orchard, Skokie, Chicago

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Giaguara, Oct 2, 2003.

1. Giaguara macrumors 6502a

Apple Store in Old Orchard, Skokie, Chicago will open 7th november (6-pm). Who will be there? I think it'll be a bit cold and windy to be camping outside the night before ... :p ;) :)

edit: corrected to the new date. unreleased opening date was 8th, saturday, and now apple's site gives out the real date, 1 day before, 7th nov. check out http://www.apple.com/retail/oldorchard/

2. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

congrats! you think apple will ever put a store in right wing hickville south carolina??? not one apple store in the whole state----you know steve jobs & al gore are buddies.i figure we will be the last store they open.

3. e-coli macrumors 68000

e-coli

Re: Apple Store in Old Orchard, Skokie, Chicago

4. pyrotoaster macrumors 65816

pyrotoaster

Whoo hoo!
    I've been waiting to hear when this one would open.

It won't be quite as glitzy as the Mag Mile store, but I'll be there anyway!

5. 000111one111000 macrumors regular

Hopefully, I'll be there. :)

But as an employee :)

I just had my interview on Monday. :)

enoch

6. e-coli macrumors 68000

e-coli

Hey, that's great!!! Good luck.

But they might make you sign an NDA, which will make it hard for you to come 'round these parts. :(

7. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

Nah, I bet Rhode Island will be last. There are three stores in Massachusetts, two of which are in walking distance os a T stop. It's not really hard to get to the one in Cambridge, but most people would have to drive into Providence anyway to take the train. So they should (eventually) put one in Providence Place Mall (fat chance :p)

8. Sayhey macrumors 68000

Sayhey

I think Jobs and Gore both want Apple to sell a lot of computers. That means going where the people are. As far as I know the Greenville-Spartanburg area is the largest in the State and there are stores in smaller metro areas (Honolulu, Albany, and one planned for Tucson.) So have a little hope.

9. Sayhey macrumors 68000

Sayhey

Oh yeah, this Skokie store is one of the growing number that are in Westfield malls. If you want to know if you have a chance of getting a store in your city checkout Westfield's malls because Apple seems to have an agreement with them.

http://www.westfield.com/us/centres/

10. Giaguara thread starter macrumors 6502a

I was on the wrong place these weeks .. I was contacted first for the tech position, but as they can't do interviews while I'm temporarily in Europe, I hope I'll catch a p/t position there (or N. Mich. which is 1 hour less commuting).

11. idkew macrumors 68020

idkew

where the concrete to dirt ratio is better
  12. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

interesting! thanks, with hilton head,charleston,columbia you would think apple would come in one of these citys. anyways iam happy for the chicago folks if i ever get up there again ill have to check the store.

13. Giaguara thread starter macrumors 6502a

it takes over an hour to get from north chicago to downtown. north = read rich suburbs. why would they want to get downtown? that store will be profitful. and the 5th in chicago area will be probably in forest park.

14. tazo macrumors 68040

tazo

token statement:

Atleast its not the 31st store in California....

;)

15. Sayhey macrumors 68000

Sayhey

That's, of course, opening the next week, tazo. :p

16. Zion Grail macrumors regular

Agreement with Westfield malls, huh? There is a Westfield mall 20 minutes from here... I work in that mall already... Hey, one can hope, right?

17. patrick0brien macrumors 68040

patrick0brien

-Giaguara

Hmm. Saturday huh? I'll sure try to be there.

I think I know what you look like from the 'pictures thread' and I've met Taft and e-coli - how can we link up with others?

18. Giaguara thread starter macrumors 6502a

I thought it would be friday...

It might take up to 90 minutes for me to commute there (if I have to come alone, and it looks like I will) (in 2 or 3 trains) but I don't wnt to miss it. Patrick, you can sure recognize me there from the pics, .. and if I add I will 99 % be wearing a black t-shirt from WWDC 2000 NYC you won't mistake me to anyone else. If you think you want to find me (before the queue there) just pm me and I'll give my email addy. Sorry been offline and macless for some time here. ;)

19. patrick0brien macrumors 68040

patrick0brien

-Giaguara

Ok, you're on.

Sorry it took a while to get back here, I've been in Canada this week and unable to 'sit' on the forums like a could at my former job.

Tell ya what, I'll PM you as you ask for your email, but mine is in my profile. As for where to meet, hmm. Well, the entrance to the promenade of Old Orchard I prefer to use is the one by Maggiano's. Past Music and Movies and the Garden Cinema. The Apple store is directly ahead - no turns.

At least with a path you can expect me to walk, that should be good for something. :D

20. 5300cs macrumors 68000

5300cs

The Chestnut Hill mall isn't within walking distance unless it's summer/spring or you're training for the marathon. You'd have to take the D to Chestnut Hill then it's like a 30minute walk from there past Bloomingdale's and all that.

The Cambridge Side Galleria is MUCH more convenient.

21. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

It's actually less than a mile from the T stop to the Mall at Chestnut Hill. So if it takes you 30 minutes to walk less than a mile, you need to walk more or carry less stuff.

22. 5300cs macrumors 68000

5300cs

Well, I do like to buy in bulk :D

I haven't walked that route in over 15 years, so you're probably right (I used to go to elementary school in that area, though.)

23. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

I've never walked it, simply because the E train goes right by my dorm, so I just take it to CambridgeSide.

24. Giaguara thread starter macrumors 6502a

Anyone of (north) Chicago macrumorers ... do you know if the train to skokie runs on saturdays (evenings) ? I'm on west side, so I'll need to take the blue, then thepurple (does that run saturdays/evenings??) or the red .. and the yellow, if they run... :eek:

25. idkew macrumors 68020

idkew

where the concrete to dirt ratio is better
    CTA Website