iPad mini Apple Store, Ipad Mini and Applecare

Discussion in 'iPad' started by loves2travel, Nov 6, 2012.

1. macrumors member

Just picked up our mini after ordering it online lastnight at 10 p.m. and the associate that was helping us pushed the applecare hardcore. We bought applecare for our imac and couple of laptops but didn't want it for our mini. The associate asked four times and after the last time he asked me "why don't I want it"?!? This is the first time I have experienced this of all the apple products we purchased. Is associates on commission now?

Store was the Tukwlia,WA (Southcenter) Apple store.

2. macrumors 603

saving107

Not commission, but probably some quota for the week.

3. thread starter macrumors member

It felt like the old days of buying from "circuit city" and "the goodguys".

4. macrumors regular

RevTEG

Picked my mini up after 10pm reservation in San Jose Ca yesterday. Sales associate never even mentioned AppleCare. Never even ask if I wanted it. I returned my mini cause it had a dead pixel and the next associates that helped me didn't even ask either! Lol

5. macrumors 6502a

Ih8reno

Yeah they always ask me, I say I'm not rich like an apple employee and then quickly change the subject

6. macrumors member

Very interesting, never ever have I been asked to buy apple care more than once. But when I went to buy the mini the guy asked many times too, odd...

7. thread starter macrumors member

I'm thinking that they are now getting commission in some sort of way. We walked in this morning and every 30 seconds or so, a different associate asked if we needed help. We NEVER had that experience before, it made my wife uncomfortable to the point that she was saying we should just purchase online and have it delivered to our home like our iPad 4.