Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

klaus

macrumors 6502a
Feb 4, 2004
Belgium
aswitcher said:
Seriously sounds like end of line... :D

Why would they bring down the entire apple store to just remove some entries in the special deals section? That makes no sense at all, you don't honestly think they have to mess in that html page do you, i can guarantee you they have one hell of a backend / cms somewhere in cupertino ;)

either they take it down to perform some technical updates, like bug fixes or something. Or they want to launch a whole new set of products at once, and not sequentially while using a cms, or they've prepared some things to be "activated' when it's due, like the 23rd or 27st or something :d

wishful thinking, but it went down, would be nice to talk to one of the webdesigners, or content managers, hehe, anybody know one of these guys!?

well, back to waiting, our patience will be rewarded, soon, soon my friend..

aswitcher

macrumors 603
Oct 8, 2003
Canberra OZ
klaus said:
Why would they bring down the entire apple store to just remove some entries in the special deals section? That makes no sense at all, you don't honestly think they have to mess in that html page do you, i can guarantee you they have one hell of a backend / cms somewhere in cupertino ;)

SNIP

Two things happened. They removed some G5s that we all imagine are going to be discountinued with the next release whilst they did something which most optomisticallt was perhaps as you suggest setting up for the 23rd. That's why I am suspicious about the end of line for the 1.8s.
But your right, its a hunch mainly, based on these events, and other rumors about times and whats next...

klaus

macrumors 6502a
Feb 4, 2004
Belgium
nothing to do with rumors or anything, but I don't seem to be getting in the apple store. It just keeps loading, when I stop the browser from loading, all the images show up, like it is suppose to be, but the same thing happens when I want to have a look at the special deals, it timeouts after a while..

anybody else has these same problems?

blue&whiteman

macrumors 65816
Nov 30, 2003
aswitcher said:
Seriously sounds like end of line... :D
the dual 1.8 is the new one, not the single. the singlw came out when the first G5 came out and was taken away when the double was added a couple months after.

ThomasJefferson

macrumors 6502
Jul 17, 2002
Virginia
I think they were just testing our reflexes. Little do they know how much we have evolved due to the extreem hazards of UT and Quake training.

Not fair tho. This is like yelling "fire" in a crowded theater.

invaLPsion

macrumors 65816
Jan 2, 2004
The Northlands
All of the current powermacs are back in the refurbished category in the special deals. The dual 1.8 is $100 off the last time I saw it. Still no new single 1.8s though...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.