Apple Store Jacksonville, FL

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by centauratlas, Mar 18, 2005.

1. centauratlas macrumors 6502a

centauratlas

There were about 200-300 people outside the Jacksonville, FL store before it opened this morning. This was part of a new mall that open and the Apple Store was the only one with any sort of a line.

Attached are a few pics.

Note that the directory listing says "Apple Computers". You'd think they'd know it was "Apple Computer Inc" not "Computers". :rolleyes:

Attached Files:

2. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

Must have been cold being outside in line all that time. I'd bet that there were people from Savannah, GA there, as well as Floridians.

Bad to see that it's got an outdoor entrance. That's how those people in (Germantown?) Tennessee broke into the store there.

3. centauratlas thread starter macrumors 6502a

centauratlas

The whole mall is an open air theme with kind of different fronts to the buildings and an open air walk down the middle. Kind of an old-time downtown feel to it, so there really wasn't an option. The "grand-opening" was around 9:30am then the Apple store opened at 10am.

It was chilly this morning, around 50 I think, which is cold for this time of year.

4. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

We've gotten several of those kinds of malls around Orlando. They're definitely great when the weather is perfect but any other time--watch out!

The weather is about the same here today. Where did the 80s go? It's almost spring.

5. jayeskreezy macrumors 65816

bouzo its good to see that another macER is in orlando....i should have contacted you when I needed help yesterday

6. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

Sure, how much do you pay? :D

There are even 3 or more in the Oviedo area. :eek:

7. jayeskreezy macrumors 65816

8. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

Anyway, back on topic, I bet people in northeastern (or northern) Floriduh and South Georgia are happier today.

I'll be interested to see what happens with the Florda Mall store that's only 20 minutes from the current store. Does that make sense?