Apple Store Job Interview...Any Advice?

Discussion in 'Community' started by russianguns, Aug 8, 2005.

1. clayj macrumors 604

Jan 14, 2005
    visiting from downstream
    Don't mention MacRumors or any other Mac-related web sites that you might visit. I mentioned MacRumors to the guy who helped me pick out my PowerBook this weekend, and he said "Ah, we're not allowed to discuss that".

And if you get the job, kiss this site goodbye.
  2. feakbeak macrumors 6502a

Oct 16, 2003
    Show up with a big Kool-Aid stain on your face. :D

Just be calm, confident and genuine. Show enthusiasm but don't be fake - be yourself, but professional. I agree with clayj, don't mention any Apple rumor/news sites/boards.

Best of luck!
  3. zelmo macrumors 603

Jul 3, 2004
    Mac since 7.5
    Relax, and be yourself. If you get the job by faking who you are, they'll find out soon enough. And absolutely do not mention any Mac rumors/news sites.

Good luck!
  4. StarbucksSam macrumors 65816

Nov 21, 2004
    Washington, D.C.
    As my mother would probably say, tuck in your shirt, brush your hair, and cut your nails. People should always look presentable for interviews. GL.
  5. XNine macrumors 68040

Apr 7, 2005
    Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?
    Show up in a tie (if you're male) and slacks. Sit back. openly discuss what you can do with a Mac, what programs you work with and can help customers with on a regular basis. As others have mentioned, do not talk about Rumor sites, pirated software or anything you may have or do that's not Legit with Apple.

If you get hired, you will most likely have to go through a bit of training. Know that they'll show you videos and test you (very minor) on things like .Mac, Applecare and ProCare.

Be honest, enjoy yourself, and no matter how stupid the person sitting enxt to you is, alway slet them express themselves.

These are all jsut guesses. ;)
  6. EJBasile macrumors 65816

Apr 20, 2004
    Look very professional, and speak professionally.
    Tie or dressy outfit.
    Make a good impression, be very very social (but not annoying). They want to see someone who seems kind, helpful, and chaty.

And I think to be an Apple Store worker it highly reccomended for you to be incredibly rude by being stuck up as if too busy to talk to you. Just a little thing I've noticed with many (but not all) of the Apple Store Workers.

Also talk about how your a big Mac fan and show that you know what your talking about when it comes to computers.
  7. rdowns macrumors Penryn

Jul 11, 2003
    Wear jeans and a mock black turtle neck to the interview.

Tell them you want to change the world, one Mac user at a time.

Seriously, talk about other retail experience and your knowledge of Apple and its products.
  8. XNine macrumors 68040

Apr 7, 2005
    Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?
    Or, they really ARE too busy to talk to you because you're the 27th person to come in 5 minutes before they close and they're trying to stock the shelves and get the hell out before they run into OT (and get their nuts kicked in) or get home to the little bit of lives they have.

Not everything is as it seems.