Apple Store Just Shipped My Tiger!

Discussion in 'macOS' started by alirio, Apr 27, 2005.

1. alirio macrumors newbie

Just got an email from Apple.ca edu.... shipping as we speak (or as I type I guess)

Can't wait!

2. alirio thread starter macrumors newbie

Just checked FedEx and they say it should arrive Friday at noon!!!!

3. vouder17 macrumors 6502a

vouder17

Well pity that u arent getting it early...But u are lucky taht u atleast have something!!! I am still stuck on "preparing shipment"....

4. ipacmm macrumors 65816

ipacmm

Same with my order...hope they ship it out soon.

5. stoid macrumors 601

stoid

Mine said preparing shipment all day, then I got an E-mail saying shipped about 2 hours ago. Checking the tracking number with fedex, they received it this morning many hours before the site updated to shipped. So even though yours may still say preparing shipment, fedex may already be shipping it out to you.

6. quagmire macrumors 603

quagmire

While I am mad mine hasn't shipped yet(according to apple), many people are saying their copy is coming from Tennessee. Tennessee is about 10 hours away from me. So they can ship it tomorrow and still have it by the 29th.

7. mklos macrumors 68000

mklos

I ordered mine last Friday and its shipped out already. I live in upstate NY and mine's coming from Pennsylvania. Keep in mind that its being shipped 2nd day air if needed so even it the warehouse is 10 hours away, thats nothing with 2nd day air. Apple WILL make sure its shipped out. After that, its out of Apple's hands. So if it shipped out today and you don't get it Friday, then thats not Apple's fault.

8. EANx macrumors member

Well, that is why if I don't get mine by 6 pm on Friday, I am going down to the Apple store down the street and refusing delivery when it does arrive.

9. Koodauw macrumors 68040

Koodauw

Yup. Mine is sitting in Memphis as wek speak. According to FedEX. My Tiger is in Memphis!

10. cheekyspanky macrumors 6502a

cheekyspanky

My copy is still at the "Open" stage, despite the money being taken 5 days ago! I thought they took payment when it shipped?

11. vouder17 macrumors 6502a

vouder17

Check the US site

12. mpw Guest

Depends how you paid. If you pay by credit card they take payment on shipment if you pay by debit card they can take payment on order I believe.

My order is back to 'Open' it's been 'preparing order' a few times this week but each time just returns to 'Open'. Doesn't look like I'll be getting it on Friday which is a real pain 'cause I'm on holiday from Saturday and wanted to load it to my iBook before leaving. :(

13. cheekyspanky macrumors 6502a

cheekyspanky

My status has changed to shipped now! Shipping via TNT so I should get it fairly promptly!..fingers crossed anyway!

14. CubaTBird macrumors 68020

ahh! it just changed to shipped.. w00t w00t :D weird though.. i click on the number and fedex says "not found" :rolleyes:

15. hob macrumors 68020

hob

Grrr... It's stayed on Open for a while now... If i don't get it friday then i'll have to wait till monday :(

16. j_appel macrumors member

My status is still at "Order Recieved." But, then again, I did order last Friday, and paid by money order since I don't have a credit card. I guess I should look into getting one one of these day.

17. CubaTBird macrumors 68020

welp.. the fedex tracking number now works.. and it says it'll be here by 4:30 on april 29.. a full 1 hour and 30 min before it debuts in the store lol.. can't wait.. :D

18. powerbook911 macrumors 68040

powerbook911

Does your Fedex tracking say its in Ontario, California as well?

19. jmsait19 macrumors 6502

wow, mine still says preparing shipment. i ordered it the night it was announced, if i dont have it on friday, i will be seriously upset.

20. CubaTBird macrumors 68020

yep, y?

21. powerbook911 macrumors 68040

powerbook911

I was just making sure that they were shipping California orders, from california, today. I was nervous that they might have been holding Californian orders until Thursday.

Thanks for confirming.

22. EANx macrumors member

23. ravenvii macrumors 604

ravenvii

Still on "Preparing Order" here. No biggie, I won't actually get home until May 8 anyway.

24. shidoshi macrumors regular

What is strange is that my copy is currently in the sort facility for my town as of earlier today, but the estimated ship date says Friday.

It's possible the delivery date is a "it will be delivered no later than this date and time" kind of thing.

25. Rovias macrumors member

Still "Preparing Shipment"...

Nothing I order from Apple has ever arrived on time. I don't know whether Apple or FedEx is to blame, but it sure does hack me off. If I don't get it in the mail by Friday afternoon I'm going to my local reseller and keep my fingers crossed that they will have it. Then I probably won't ever order through Apple's website again.

And yes, I pre-ordered within a couple of hours of Apple announcing it, so you'd think it would have shipped already.