Apple store - king of prussia,PA - SUCKS

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by raiderz182, Jul 16, 2004.

1. raiderz182 macrumors regular

i've been calling them for at least 3 weeks straight asking when they will have the airport expresses available.

They kept telling me, "soon" , "in a day or two" , "oh by the end of this week"

so i call again today, and they tell me that i can only purchase it online, wtf is that.

i just tried to place an order through the online apple store, estimated 3 - 4 weeks shipping.

GFG jerks

2. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Another day, another rant.

80,000 pre-orders is a good thing.

3. aphexist macrumors member

wow, you sound like a really annoying customer.

4. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

Yeah, I wonder why they told you to use the online store. :rolleyes:

5. jemeinc macrumors 6502a

Gotta love the internet...lol... Some kid can create a thread trashing an expensive business venture, by an international company , that happens to be wildly successful on many levels by the way, because he doesn't get what he wants when he wants it... lol... Silly, silly kids these days...

6. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

It's the unreal expectations of instant gratification that people have.

But the reality of the situation is that sometimes the only way you'll be able to get instant gratification is if you do it yourself and put that energy to some use. ;)

7. Dr. Dastardly macrumors 65816

Dr. Dastardly

Most people just get spoiled because usally (and I'm speaking for myself here) in the PC world when something was out, it was out. I had no problem getting anything for that matter that was electronic. Just go to the store and buy it. No wait list or anything. Apple just makes such spectacular products that as soon as something is announced you either have to jump on it as soon as you can or risk waiting an extra two months to buy it in the store.

8. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

Yes, and it all started with fast food and microwave ovens. :D Without them, we'd be more patient and have less of a problem with obesity, probably. Fedex would have a problem with that attitude, wouldn't they? It's difficult to sell faster, if people want to move more slowly.

9. raiderz182 thread starter macrumors regular

ok you dickheads, is it wrong to call and confirm that they have the ****ing product before i drive an hour away to get it
    bottom line is that the people at the apple store lied , repeatedly

i love how most of you are so defensive of apple and anything that they do.

10. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

Who is defending Apple here? :D

11. raiderz182 thread starter macrumors regular

"annoying customer" ???
    take store's side mutch?

explain to me how i could possibly be wrong in this.
    i call and ask when they're getting the airport expresses, they say soon, a week later, i call, they say end of the week, the end of that week, i call and they say in a day or two.. in two days i call and they say mid july, mid july i call and they say i'll only get it online.

i dont know if you've ever worked at a place where you care for the well-being of the business instead of just your paycheck, but i've worked at a family owned store and the CUSTOMER IS ALWAYS RIGHT, you NEVER DISRESPECT them in anyway. there is no such thing as an annoying customer - unless he's doing it intentionally, looking for trouble

i'm tryin to tell the rest of the community that this particular store has sucky employees and i get flamed

12. jemeinc macrumors 6502a

Simply— lol.... Keep showing everyone why they told you to use the on-line store...hehehe...

13. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Just love these pointless rants when they dig themselves into deeper holes.
    [​IMG]

14. OnceUGoMac macrumors 6502a

OnceUGoMac

First of all, pal, the Airport Express only became available last week. to EVERYONE. Just because it is announced doesn't mean that it is available that day. Since Apple announced Tiger, I'm gonna call the Apple Store every week and ask them when it is coming. :rolleyes:

15. kirk26 macrumors 6502a

kirk26

Yep, raiderz182 is definitely in the right in this case, the rest of you guys ****.

16. jemeinc macrumors 6502a

LOL... Too funny...

17. musicpyrite macrumors 68000

musicpyrite

Sounds like you need a lesson in Economics 101.

It's called supply and demand.

People demand that Apple supply them with stuff.

When that demand gets too high, this little thing called a back order happens.

When back order happens, people bitch.

18. bluebull macrumors member

You're getting flamed because you worded your complaint so harshly. And it probably didn't help to call everyone "you dickheads."
    As for the Airport Express, patience is key here. It's hard to give an estimate on when they will be in stock. :cool:

19. atszyman macrumors 68020

atszyman

Most of the employees at these stores only know what they are told.

Apple announces Airport Express, tells stores they will be in soon. Apple unfortunately does not anticipate the massive demand and pre-orders pile up through the online store. Apple then tells the stores you will have some by the end of the week. More orders come in and Apple informs the store that due to high demand the Airport Express will only be available online for the time being.

I'm guessing the employees at this store know a lot about apple computers and the products they carry but as far as getting and keeping stock they are at the mercy of Apple and where they decide the products need to be shipped.

Things change without notice in supply chains all the time. You don't see me going around saying a particular Best Buy sucks because last year they told me Doom 3 would be out soon, do you?

20. sorryiwasdreami macrumors 6502a

sorryiwasdreami

I've been to the KOP Apple store and didn't find the employees inadequate; in fact, I found the store and staff to be quite relaxing and helpful. It’s definitely one of the hotter stores in that shopping mall. Is it possible your “produce or piss off” attitude got you the runaround?

If a merchant doesn’t have a product, I’m not sure they can just go in the back and fabricate it real quick.

21. KingSleaze macrumors 6502

And how about those miniPods? So many people want them, the stores have a hard time keeping them in stock.
    Did you reserve it? Could you have reserved it? If your desire for it was that great, going to the online store (as soon as a new [insanely great] product) gets announced IS the best way. Those store employees were helping you to get it as fast as possible. I'm sorry if you failed to recognize it as such.
    Spouting off, the way you did, on an obviously biased site, calling people names, probably isn't going to get you the help that you so obviously feel that you deserve.
    What did you expect? People to thank you? Here, thank you for further demonstrating to me the "Ugly American" that so many people around the world have come to know and hate.

22. Dr. Dastardly macrumors 65816

Dr. Dastardly

How old are you? :confused:

23. 2A Batterie macrumors 6502a

2A Batterie

Despite lacking some communication skills, I think he is right. Honestly I don't think he was being annoying, he was just trying to get a piece of equipment that he was told was going to be in stock. After all, 80,000 units sold already makes it a hot product.... maybe he knew this was going to be the case and wanted to be on top of things so he could get one before they sold out. All he did was call to confirm that they were in stock (based on what the KOP Store told him) and he just got the run around. Frankly, I find it rather tiresome how Apple won't let out as much of a fart of information. I mean jeez, give us a date and stick to it. Remember the XServe G5? It also seems like they can't keep anything in stock lately (emac, imac, G5). While I'm not sure how much it is due to IBM problems or other market factors, it is still annoying. O'doyle rules.

24. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

Since AirPort Express was stated to be available in July, you really didn't need to keep calling. If you sounded on the phone the way you do here, I'm glad I didn't work at the store. You don't sound impatient, you sound as if you were looking for trouble.

25. atszyman macrumors 68020

atszyman

Ok, I agree that Apple dropped the ball here and vastly underestimated the demand for this product. But that is not the fault of the KOP store employees. I never expect the person answering the phone to check stock on a product to be anything more than a relay for information that they were told by managers who in turn can only give the best estimate of the supplier, in this case Apple.

Apple messed up and underestimated demand. It is not the fault of the KOP Apple store or it's employees.