Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Attonine

macrumors 6502a
Feb 15, 2006
Kent. UK
Every time I go past this store it is way too busy. On Several occasions I have wanted to buy things but it's just been too busy to bother. I remember the first time I walked past it, I had intended to go in for a browse, made it to the door and just turned around without even entering. On the occasions I have gone in, it's been impossible to see an expert. In this particular store, I thouroughly agree with a thread of a month or two ago where someone suggested that the in-store macs should not be connected to the internet.

I am flying back to the UK today and I need to go to this store to pick up a few things before I return to Saudi on the 4th Jan, the thought terrifies me.

Sesshi

macrumors G3
Jun 3, 2006
One Nation Under Gordon
It's amazing, they must be doing roaring business despite the hangers-on using the computers.

Normally now it's just impossible to get to the one bastion of decent support in Apple, the Geniuses. I really like my Macs but I'm so glad I switched back to proper computers for things that I actually need computers for.

majorp

macrumors 6502
Nov 28, 2005
UK !!!
i(a)ncapable on spelling regent street :)

only joking :p but regent street store has increased by a third in size and it's still not big enough.

i prefer to buy online and i live in central!

maybe they should turn the internet off, then see how busy it is:rolleyes:

AlBDamned

macrumors 68030
Mar 14, 2005
It was absolutely packed! As with the whole of Oxford and Piccadily Circus! :eek:

Last year was nowhere near as bad...

I went up there (Oxford Circus etc) late in November on a Saturday and there was an actual crush of people at some the traffic lights and crossings. It was really nasty. The safest place to walk down either Oxford or Regent Street was on the road. Way too overcrowded. The Apple Store was the same. Would have like to have seen the updated store though.

daneoni

macrumors G4
Mar 24, 2006
I've been wanting to vist that store but everytime my mind keeps telling" don't bother you won't see or touch anything...too packed" in which case i just turn back or sit back down. Its a big and centralised store, which means alot of people go there, infact, to some people its the only Apple store in london. Many don't know about Brent Cross/Bluewater stores.

Anytime i'm unfortunate to be in oxford circus during shopping season. I just take the 'back door' and avoid the crowds. These are the back streets which lead to actual businesses or flats and then i join the main road again when i reach the vicinity of the store i want to visit.

Martin C

macrumors 6502a
Nov 5, 2006
New York City
Don't talk about an Apple Store being packed until you have seen the new Apple Location of Fifth Avenue in New York City.

I was in there today checking out the Macbook Pro, and it was nearly gridlocked. That is a pretty big store as well.

DanielGilbert

macrumors member
Jun 10, 2006
London, UK
Yeah, they've just made the store a lot bigger. They also added an iPod Bar - have they been adding these to other Mac stores about the place too?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.