Apple Store Online Closed?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by pdpfilms, Apr 11, 2005.

1. pdpfilms macrumors 68020

pdpfilms

I hate to be another person to contribute to the constant influx of Tiger release date rumors, but what does everyone think of this...
    When trying to access order status, I recieved this message:

Thank you for shopping at the Apple Online Store

Apple's Online and phone Order Status services are temporarily unavailable due to a scheduled upgrade to our systems.

We apologize for any inconvenience.​

Probably nothing, huh.

2. grapes911 Moderator emeritus

grapes911

I get the store just fine.

Edit: You are talking specifically about the order status. I still say its nothing.

3. iGary Guest

iGary

I think they are doing maintenance. :p

4. rtdgoldfish macrumors 6502a

rtdgoldfish

Apple store is working fine for me as well. Must just be order status that is down.

Maybe they are getting their systems ready for thousands of people to be checking the shipping status of their Tiger upgrades. :D

5. sorryiwasdreami macrumors 6502a

sorryiwasdreami

Usually when they update the site during/after big apple announcements, you can access the home page and order status page just fine. However, when you click on the "Store" tab, you get a placeholder page with a yellow sticky note.

On the note in handwritten script says something to the effect of "Sorry, we're updating the apple store, please check back soon!"

Who knows what it means when the order status page is down. I've never experienced it.

6. berkleeboy210 macrumors 68000

yup, Order Status is down, everything else is up and running. Just went to go check the status of my 6gb iPod Mini Order and couldn't get access to it... Hopefully the Morning will bring us tiger and new iBooks :)

7. mariahlullaby macrumors 6502a

mariahlullaby

Doubt it, but it would be nice. Can't wait to get my hands on a PB!

8. homerjward macrumors 68030

homerjward

maybe it's a scheduled upgrade to their operating system
    tigah baby! not that i have the cash for it atm so i dont really care when it comes out :p not to sound cynical

9. mariahlullaby macrumors 6502a

mariahlullaby

I feel ya :p I only have about $300 to spend right now so if it comes out tomorrow, there's not a whole lot I can do. But I'm waiting on a $1500 check from selling my PC (I am about ready to file non-paying bidder on eBay :mad: :mad:) and get a $150 paycheck Friday (yes, I get minimum wage :p)