Apple Store Opening Dallas, Texas (March 4) - Who's Going?

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by crdean1, Feb 28, 2006.

1. crdean1 macrumors 6502a

crdean1

Who from MR will be attending the Northpark store opening this weekend? What time do you think is a good time to get there?

People that have attended other store openings, what is it like? What time will the mall usually let you in (to be close to the wifi).

Anyone have any other details?

2. drumpat01 macrumors 6502

drumpat01

I AM I AM I AM!! Along with 4 of my friends as well. I want one of those t-shirts SO bad!

3. Airforce macrumors 6502a

Airforce

Didn't even know they were opening one. Where is it at?

4. crdean1 thread starter macrumors 6502a

crdean1

Northpark Mall, about 5 miles North of their Knox St. store.

drumpat01, what time are you guys going. Curious as to how early folks are getting there.

5. ToddW macrumors 6502a

man, that sucks i've take the kiddo to a b-day party. apple you sweet vixen you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. crdean1 thread starter macrumors 6502a

crdean1

Can anyone tell me what is the best time to get there at these things, do they have power set up outside the store (for my pb), and is it really worth going, is their wifi usually set up early (for web access while waiting), does the mall typically let you wait inside?

Thanks.

7. maestro55 macrumors 68030

maestro55

If I had a friend or someone around here who was going or the money and my own car, I would go. However, it just isn't going to happen. How sad! It would be sooo much fun.

8. peterparker macrumors regular

peterparker

Not sure about that mall, but we were inside the Woodlands mall for the opening at 8:00 and other's had been there since a little after 6:00 I think.

And yes the wi-fi was working. Don't think they have any power run just for people waiting in line.

9. Capt Underpants macrumors 68030

Capt Underpants

I think I might go. My decision will depend on if they will be giving away anything free, or if they have any of those awesome bags available for purchase. If I do go, though, I'll want to get there as early as possible.

Does the store open at 8?

10. maestro55 macrumors 68030

maestro55

Being in Ft. Worth, it wouldn't be a huge trip for you. I would encourage going. Atleast perhaps I am because I can't go, so I would like others to go and have a good time. Maybe there will be some pictures, because I would love to see some pictures.

I don't see an Apple store coming to the Waco area. Though I think they could benefit, because there is no stores in Waco that care new Apple computers anymore. Maybe I should do a poll of Waco residents and send the results to Apple.

11. crdean1 thread starter macrumors 6502a

crdean1

What kind of bag? I don't know what time it opens. Anyone?

12. peterparker macrumors regular

peterparker

10:00

13. Capt Underpants macrumors 68030

Capt Underpants

At some store openings, they would sell mystery bags containing random Apple products. It doesn't appear that they will be selling those at this opening, however.

It is confirmed: I am going with a couple of my friends.

The free T-Shirt and chance to win an intel iMac and other products sealed the deal.

14. XIII macrumors 68040

XIII

They only did the lucky bags at the flagship stores. The last store they did them at was the London store opening, over a year ago. It was fairly chaotic, and apart from a small jap. affair, I think there was word at the time it would be the last lucky bag doo evarrr.

15. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

i would be their around 8ish.... i love my derby street and burlington shirts if only they were Large instead of XL :D :eek:

16. crdean1 thread starter macrumors 6502a

crdean1

dude, what time are you guys getting there. i am wondering if i should go around 6 or 8 am. is there a huge benefit to being there real early??

17. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

first 1,000 people get a free shirt :cool:

18. crdean1 thread starter macrumors 6502a

crdean1

I definitely want a shirt, and almost got my wife to go so I could have two shirts...but she is sleeping in. But is there a benefit to getting there extra early to win something, or are you just entering your name into a later drawing.

19. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

you can win an imac, digital camera/video camera, a nano but you have a month to enter that contest

20. wPod macrumors 68000

wPod

ill be there. im showing up about 9. i find an hour early is usually pretty good for apple events. there are usually a few people there at an hour early. but few enough that you are in the first group aloud in the store before they have to stop the line due to max occupancy rules. but i dont know where to wait! the mall opens at 10 and the apple store opens at 10! i figure i will do what i did the last time i was at north park. drive around until i see a bunch of people. for all of you dallasites out there: i was at northpark last to see a building demolished! it was on the other side of 75 so people gathered in the parking garage at northpark. it was pretty cool (in a nerdy sort of way) anyway. . .

we should have some 'cool' MR sign to throw (ie, a hand gesture to identify ourselves as MacRumor addicts.) that way i can walk by the line showing the sign, then when someone else recognizes it they can show me the sign back and we will be able to chat! hah. . . that would be funny.

21. crdean1 thread starter macrumors 6502a

crdean1

I have decided on 8:00. I have a little writing to do for a class, so I am going to do it there.

What's the sign you will be showing.....I will be a "responder" of the greatness of MR sign.

I am 30, pic in the profile and will wear a black nike hat. Will probably be typing on the pb or will have black backpack. (yeah, that narrows it down).

22. Capt Underpants macrumors 68030

Capt Underpants

You will know that it is me, because I will be typing on a Dell Inspiron 600M.

My Powerook HD went kerplunk...

23. Capt Underpants macrumors 68030

Capt Underpants

Well I'm in line here at the Apple store. They're setting up the barriers right now, and there are 3 people in front of me.

There's a man here who says that he built the place. Apparently at first the store was going to be a new concept design, but Steve Jobs didn't like it. He says that we'll be seeing a totally new store design in Houston and a couple of other places. He also says that the Knox store will soon be remodeled.

24. crdean1 thread starter macrumors 6502a

crdean1

Sweet, I am on my way from FW. Where do enter the mall.

What time did you get there? How many people now?

Posting from car via blackberry..

25. Capt Underpants macrumors 68030

Capt Underpants

There are about 15 people here. Enter by Neimans and you should be good.