Apple Store or Online?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Drew144, Oct 11, 2006.

1. Drew144 macrumors newbie

Is there any advantages from buying from a local Apple Store rather than online? The Apple Store here only carries the 60 and 80GB hard drives. I plan on getting an external hard drive anyways so i dont think having the 100 or 120GB models would realy madder... but im not sure. What do you guys think?

2. ChickenSwartz macrumors 6502a

The stores only stock standard models for the most part.

You might pay more sales tax one way or another. I live outside Atlanta, GA and in Atlanta the tax is 8% if I ship to my house it is 7%. I go to the store in the burbs-7%.

3. timnosenzo macrumors 6502a

timnosenzo

I bought my MBP in the store, and I have to say, there is a certain sense of satisfaction walking out of the store with a brand new laptop in tote. :cool:

For me though, I didn't really need to customize it, and I would have had to pay tax both in store and online so the instant gratification of getting it from the store won. And I live 5 minutes from the store, so its much easier than trying to coordinate with UPS or FedEx. :rolleyes:

4. ChickenSwartz macrumors 6502a

100% Agreed;)

5. kalun macrumors regular

Price wise, I do not think so. However, if you get the laptop from the local store, you can get it immediately, instead of waiting for a week or 2.

6. mattniles007 macrumors 6502

mattniles007

Yes walkng out of my local Apple store in Sacramento with my 20" imac was very satisfying even after a strained shoulder. Plus the people there are very helpful