Apple Store OS

Discussion in 'macOS' started by G5Unit, May 11, 2005.

1. G5Unit macrumors 68020

Apr 3, 2005
    I'm calling the cops
    At the apple stores they have that cool little set of icons in the middle of the screen to schedule a meeting at the bar. How can I get those on my computer just do different things.

P.S.: How can you assign workgroups?
  2. Makosuke macrumors 603

Aug 15, 2001
    The Cool Part of CA, USA
    The answer to your main question, if I remember the answer I heard before, is that it's a special application designed exclusively for the Apple Store point of sale systems (Think Secret mentioned the name "Maestro"--not sure if the demo Mac app thing is a small part of that, or a seperate app). If that's correct, you might be able to sneak a copy out of the store and hack around with it, but it's probably not available elsewhere. I could be wrong, though, and there are certainly freeware apps that do something similar if I'm not.

The answer to question 2, if I understand what you're asking, is a piece of shareware called "SharePoints"--it lets you set up all sorts of lower-level permissions and sharing stuff. Either that, or just buy OSX Server--Workgroup Manager is very easy to use and works great.
  3. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

Dec 25, 2003
    Northern Virginia
    They may be missing an opportunity to gain market strength by not allowing their POS system to "adapted" by others. At "reasonable" cost; I would think my employer would look at the chance to upgrade.