Apple Store - Pasadena, CA

Discussion in 'iPhone Purchaser Meetups' started by whoohaaah, Jun 18, 2008.

1. macrumors newbie

Jun 18, 2008
    i missed out on last year's iphone release. and for a whole year used a blackberry curve.

SUCKS! Very unstable, slow, and low battery-life.

this coming month, im going to buy an iphone3G. going to go with a friend..who else is going???

btw: do i need to camp out?? or do you think they'll have enough to cover hundreds??
  2. thread starter macrumors newbie

Jun 18, 2008
  3. macrumors newbie

Aug 8, 2007
    going to the manhattan beach store. i hope they dont run out. last year they didnt at the manhattan store. my friend bought one the 30th of june.

ive been on the bberry 8830... finally time to switch over.
  4. thread starter macrumors newbie

Jun 18, 2008
    hopefully i wont have to camp out...i want the iphone, but not so that i will spend the whole entire day out waiting.

if ever the apple store does run out, how often do you think they will restock? or how fast/soon will they restock after the initial release.
  5. macrumors newbie

Aug 8, 2007

not for at least a week or so probably
  6. macrumors newbie

Jul 2, 2008
    Me Wanty

I so want it, but I don't want to camp out. I wish they said what would be the release time at Apple Stores. If it is at 8am, I asked someone to give me a ride there, at like 4 in the morning. If it is later, I think it would be easier.
  7. macrumors regular

Jun 18, 2002
    Yeah, but is there really a chance Apple will let the others beat them to the punch?

I think we'll see them open at 8 A.M. or earlier.
  8. thread starter macrumors newbie

Jun 18, 2008
    wasnt it for sure that apple stores are going to open at 8am???

anyways, i thought about it this whole week, and after att finally announced their prices, i dont think its going to sell out...after ATT announced their prices, people i know that was planning on buying the 3G, are now 50-50.

i was planning on buying the 3G on release day (go to the store in the afternoon, if the line is long in the morning), transfer my current family plan to the new 3G and adding the $30 data plan... apparently that's not do-able...

the only difference between the two iphones are speed and GPS, if thats the case, ill prolly just stay with my old iphone...I DONT KNOW YET, MAYBE...
  9. macrumors 6502a

Aug 8, 2007
    San Dimas, CA

I hope you are right and they dont sell out... I will be in Vegas on the 11th and wont return until later in the day and I really want to get my hands on the new phone at around 2pm.

Ive been dying since I sold mine about a month ago.
  10. macrumors 6502a

Feb 17, 2008
    I might be there for the heck of it even though I'm not upgrading. Hopefully they'll have some on display?!
  11. macrumors newbie

Sep 5, 2007
    Area Code 626
    I'll probably just roll by to see how many folks are standing in line. I'm holding off on getting one until it gets unlocked (like my 1st gen IPhone) to use on T-Mobile.
  12. macrumors member

Jul 9, 2008
    Wow if today wasn't so hot I wouldn't say the few people here are crazy,
    I guess I'm waking up early tomorrow.

The attached picture was taken during my lunch break today.

Attached Files:

13. macrumors newbie

Jul 12, 2008

need the help of you guys please!

So I go to the apple store to find that there is a huge line. So I say oh well I'll wait. I wait about more than 6 hours and eventually enter the store. There were about 10 of us in the store and the rest outside were told to leave because the store was closing. So as we wait the servers go down. So we wait for about an hour in the store and no one is telling us anything. Then the manager comes up to us and tells us that he cannot sell us iPhones and we are told to leave. He says he cannot give us a waiver to come in the next morning to be at the front of the line.

We understood that you could not sell us phones. The least he could have done was give us a waiver or something, something that would compensate for our time. It was not like we were outside. We were in the store ready to buy.

So I am asking for your help. What should I do?
  14. macrumors 6502

Sep 13, 2007
    Wow, that's outrageous. The same thing happened in Sac, except they gave us waivers to skip the line and hold our phones of choice.

Refer to these posts:
    Sac Thread - #117
    Sac Thread - #118

I would call them tomorrow and tell them that you know the servers went down everywhere, and that people at other locations were given waivers/iPhone holders.
  15. macrumors newbie

Jul 12, 2008
    Yeah i was in line since 5pm and got into the store at 11:30ish a few guys ahead of me were able to get there iphone's activated before the server went down. Unfortunately it went down when it came to me... That manager just kept on saying we understand your citation and we can not give you a pass for another day :( all that waiting for nothing.

Wellgroomednerd which one were you in the store? I was the one with the red tommy jeans shirt with my sister. I remember almost everyone in the store because i didn't want to leave when they told us lol i figured stay a little longer they might come up with something.

I am stuck with 2 choices... one go back and buy an iphone and just forget about yesterday because there really isn't anything we can do... two would be forget apple and return my macbookpro which i bought 4 days ago. Any advice anyone?

Update: Called pasadena store servers back up minimum 3 hours wait...
  16. macrumors member

Aug 28, 2003
    Los Angeles
    I was there too last night....5 hours in line. I was almost there. I was 4th from getting into store when he came out and told us they were shutting it down. I thought for sure there was going to be a riot! Security guards looked really nervous. People were begging him for numbers or vouchers or something...ANYTHING! He would not budge. Then I wake up this morning to see that NYC and Sacramento got numbers to by pass the lines. I am pissed now. 5 hours for nothing....absolutely nothing. He could have easily set a up s system to have us come back this weekend as a fast track kind of thing, since we already waited. I don't know what to do either. I am half tempting to try and get that guy fired for be completely inflexible and blaming it on "corporate"....funny other stores did it, he just didn't want to deal with the 100 people or so in line. I don't want to be a dick, but that was unacceptable!!
    I'm open to suggestion?
  17. macrumors newbie

Jul 12, 2008
    I was the one young one with the blue shorts on. Yeah it was total bs. I managed to get a white 16gig this morning at the ATT store on by Sears. Waited about an hour. If you have not gotten one try the ATT store early in the morning.
  18. macrumors newbie

Jul 12, 2008
    Which city? I know the burbank one is on san fernando which is close to sears... is that the one you are talking about?

I'll go tomorrow morning if its 1-2 hours.
  19. macrumors member

Aug 28, 2003
    Los Angeles
    for anyone interested, in line now apple store in pasadena and there's about 20 people right now(8:50)