Apple Store Price Matching Policies on MBP?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by macmyworld, Jan 5, 2007.

1. macmyworld macrumors regular

Will the Apple Store price match authorized resellers like MicroCenter or CDW?

I'd prefer to purchase from Apple directly, but would like the better price.

Thanks

2. Aniej macrumors 68000

Aniej

3. Kwyjibo macrumors 68040

Kwyjibo

really?

I can't imagine why apple would match prices on their own products.

Also I'm pretty sure apple would stop retailers from discounting things before it would allow them

4. xfiftyfour macrumors 68030

xfiftyfour

resellers don't get much of a discount, so the prices don't vary by much anyways. the best bet, if you don't qualify for the student discount through apple, is to go the amazon route. they usually offer rebates, and even if not, you're getting it tax-free, which can be quite a discount in of itself.

5. theBB macrumors 68020

theBB

You get about $150 rebate from Amazon for MBP. I did not have to mail anything last year, I just entered some serial numbers online to claim my rebate, so it was pretty painless. It still took about two months to get my check, but 150 bucks is a good deal.

6. Aniej macrumors 68000

Aniej

oh so you enter the serial number after you receive the MBP? I have never made a large electronics order on amazon so have always wondered this? also how long did it take to get the rebate applied, are we talking a couple weeks or several months?

7. xfiftyfour macrumors 68030

xfiftyfour

question, meet answer: