Apple Store Purchase Question

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by IrI, Oct 29, 2004.

1. IrI macrumors member

Greetings.
    After many years of ifs ands and buts I've finally decided to bite the bullet and purchase my 1st Apple machine. My leanings at this stage are for a 12" iBook and have decided instead of paying the over-inflated prices in the UK to return to NYC and make the purchase there (I love the place, so wasn't too hard a decision to make !!).

My question is, can I turn up in the Apple Store and get the iBook configured there and then to my specification ?
    Probably 512mb RAM (this enough ?), 60Gb HD, Bluetooth...

Cheers

JD

2. Palad1 macrumors 6502a

Palad1

Whatever you do, buy the AppleCare option for your lappie, because standard applecare is _not_ international.

Cheers,
    Palad1

3. Edot macrumors 6502

I don't believe so. You may be able to add RAM, but beyond that I think they only sell the Stock machines. You would have to order on Apple.com to get BTO. I don't really know for sure, but when I bought my comp a few years ago that was the case. If you know someone over here you could order it on Apple.com and then ship it to that person. Shipping times are SAME DAY for the 12" iBook.