Apple Store Refunds

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by Punkwaffle, Feb 4, 2005.

1. Punkwaffle macrumors regular

Apr 12, 2004
    Was wondering if anyone here has experience w/ refunds at the Apple Store online.
    I had to return a powerbook a bit ago. They received it on 1/26, but the money is not yet back on my card. I paid with my banks visa check card.

Also, last night, i placed an order, but had to cancel it because i forgot to select the wireless keyboard/mouse option. The lady on the phone said that the funds hadn't been taken from my account until they ship it, but my card balance says otherwise. How long will a refund take on a cancelled order, less than 24 hours after placing it take?

I need another mac Apple, give me my money back so I can buy it once and for all.
  2. lfielder06 Guest

Dec 5, 2004
    That is interesting because when I purchased my iBook on Jan 12, my account was not charged until the 19th. Kind of suprising they already charged your account. I have no experience with a refund.
  3. stoid macrumors 601

Feb 17, 2002
    So long, and thanks for all the fish!
    I know that with my US. Bank card, if I have completed then cancelled transactions, the money has not been taken out of my account, but merely put on hold, and I can still access it with no problems.
  4. tubedogg macrumors regular

Dec 18, 2003
    The amount of the order has been placed on hold on your card, also known as an authorization. It has *not* been charged, and Apple has to follow up with an actual charge to your card, or the authorization will expire. How long this takes to occur depends on your card company. When using PayPal's debit card, it takes 10 days unless you fax them documentation that there won't be a forthcoming charge. Other banks range between 3 days and a couple weeks.

I don't have any experience with refunds from Apple, but it can take a few days after Apple processes the refund for it to actually be put back on your card. Just the way credit cards work.