Apple Store repair?

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by yg17, Mar 6, 2006.

1. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

I dropped my PowerBook off at the Apple Store on Saturday for repair. I knew it wouldn't ship out to the repair center during the weekend. But now, it's Monday evening and the status is still "Shipment to repair center pending (04-Mar-2006)". I'd really like to have my laptop back by Friday, so I'm hoping the PowerBook left today and they just didn't update it yet. Anyone know what time they update the status?

Also, what's the typical turnaround time on a what I'm assuming will be a logic board replacement? I had to get the keyboard replaced before and they received the laptop, replaced it and shipped it back all in the same day, do the LB's take longer? Thanks

Thanks.

2. treblah macrumors 65816

treblah

When I had the logic board in my iBook replaced I dropped it off at the store Monday morning and had it shipped back to me Thursday morning. They usually have incredibly quick service.

3. yg17 thread starter macrumors G5

yg17

I'm just worried because it looks like it's still sitting at the Apple Store :(

4. ipacmm macrumors 65816

ipacmm

Well hopefully you will get it back soon because the last time I shipped off my old powerbook for a new logic board it took 2 months to get it back...

5. yg17 thread starter macrumors G5

yg17

Well that's reassuring news :(

The repair center received it, and it says "Diagnosing product".

My PowerBook was going to sleep on its own, and with my luck, it won't do it for them and they'll ship it back claiming it was working fine.....