Apple Store return policy (small items)

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by GoldenHoya, May 25, 2005.

1. GoldenHoya macrumors newbie

Hey all,
    I'm a recent switcher (bought a powerbook a few weeks ago, absolutely love it) and just graduated from UC Berkeley. So I got a couple hundred burning a hole in my pocket at the moment and am looking to purchase a bluetooth mouse and a roll keyboard (the PB keyboard is a bit small for my hands). I've used a two button mouse with a scroll wheel for the last few years and have gotten very used to it. Because of that I don't think I'd like the apple mouse (BT) but want to give it a try because of all the posts about how it grows on you.
    So here's the actual question: If I bought it at the apple store one day and then brought it home, played with it a while and decided I didn't like it, could I return it without a problem (or a restocking fee)?
    Any thoughts on the waterproof roll keyboards would be appreciated too, thanks!

2. GreeneGirl7 macrumors regular

GreeneGirl7

Call the store you'd be going to and see what they say. :)

3. James Philp macrumors 65816

James Philp

I could understand if it's faulty them letting you give it back, but just because "you don't like it" i'm not sure. I don't think there is a "no questions asked" policy is there (except maybe christmas presents of gifts WITH receipts).

If I had been you I would have spent a while in the applestore trying it out and talked to one of the sales people detailing exactly what you intended to do. They could probably lent you an old cheap mouse, all apple mice have been the same size and style for a while now. I would try to sell it on e-bay if you can't take it back, but being used (and if you used the batteries included too) then the value will have degraded some what.

4. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

When you purchase an item at a local Apple Store, the return policy is printed on the back. It will also print specifics referring to each item purchased. The nice thing about a local store is that you can ask questions and try the product out prior to purchase.