Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

'73-B

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 10, 2006
Arlington, VA
So, I bought a bluetooth dongle (D-link DBT120) from the Apple Store a little over a month ago. This morning, boom, nothing. Checked the usb port, works fine, but the dongle is dead.
I took it back to the Apple Store across the street from my office and explained the situation. The guy said, unfortunately since it was over a month ago I would have to go through D-Link tech support. He checked the dongle to make sure it was indeed not working. Then he paused, turned around and grabed one off the shelf and exchanged it for me! Couldn't be happier! Just thought I'd share.

By the way, my Powerbook has bluetooth built in, so sometimes I use it on my iMac 17" 800mhz to sync my phone, but mostly the dongle is plugged into my stupid Dell laptop at the office so I can use my Apple Wireless keyboard!

MattyMac

macrumors 68000
Oct 6, 2005
NJ/NYC
[QUOTE='73-B]So, I bought a bluetooth dongle (D-link DBT120) from the Apple Store a little over a month ago. This morning, boom, nothing. Checked the usb port, works fine, but the dongle is dead.
I took it back to the Apple Store across the street from my office and explained the situation. The guy said, unfortunately since it was over a month ago I would have to go through D-Link tech support. He checked the dongle to make sure it was indeed not working. Then he paused, turned around and grabed one off the shelf and exchanged it for me! Couldn't be happier! Just thought I'd share.

By the way, my Powerbook has bluetooth built in, so sometimes I use it on my iMac 17" 800mhz to sync my phone, but mostly the dongle is plugged into my stupid Dell laptop at the office so I can use my Apple Wireless keyboard![/QUOTE]

awesome...its great when someone helps you out like that

panoz7

macrumors 6502a
Nov 21, 2005
Raleigh, NC
Cool story... makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside : ) ... ok, maybe that's just the macs.

Anyway, not to hijack your thread or anything, but how well does that bluetooth keyboard work with your pc. I'm stuck using a pc laptop but now that windows can be booted on the macbook's I can finally get one. I'd love to go ahead and buy the bluetooth keyboard now, as I plan on getting one anyway I finally get the macbook. All the keys map fine over to windows? Do you use some app to reconfigure the start key and other windows specific keys? Thanks.

m-dogg

macrumors 65816
Mar 15, 2004
Connecticut
[QUOTE='73-B]I took it back to the Apple Store across the street from my office[/QUOTE]

Wow, I'm glad I don't have an Apple Store across from my office. It would be like another tax every time I get paid!

Mord

macrumors G4
Aug 24, 2003
UK
it's nice when retail people go above and beyond for you, if i were a retail managed i'd make advertised policies standard, and inform employees to be circa 50% generous on all returns ect.

'73-B

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 10, 2006
Arlington, VA
It is a dangerous thing to have an Apple store across the street. I've managed to restrain myself pretty well thus far, well as long as you don't count the PowerBook and the Nano...

The Apple Wireless Keyboard works great with the PC laptop. I'm not using any keyboard mapping software so there are a few minor things though... The volume controls and the eject button don't map to anything. The 'open apple' key maps to the windows key, 'clear' is 'Numlock', and the 'help' key is 'insert'.

aricher

macrumors 68020
Feb 20, 2004
Chi-il
I've had great experiences like that there as well. I had a LaCie drive go bad in the first week and the guy exchanged it for me no questions asked. I had a bad string of luck with the 5G iPod as well. 2 of them were bad and they exchanged them right away. It did take a "Genius," to look at the pods before replacing though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.