Apple Store Salt Lake

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by leftbanke7, Nov 1, 2005.

1. leftbanke7 macrumors 6502a

leftbanke7

Just read a rumor that Apple will be opening up the new store at the Gateway Mall in SLC on the 5th. Anybody else heard this? If true, any fellow Utahns gonna go?

2. kgarner macrumors 68000

kgarner

If it's true I will soooo have to check it out. Maybe I'll go over to CompUSA and see if the Apple rep knows anything (I used to work there and so I know him well). Of course, the toughest part will be convincing the wife we need to drive to Salt Lake to see an Apple store.

3. leftbanke7 thread starter macrumors 6502a

leftbanke7

Here's how you do it. Start by telling her you want to take her out to dinner up in SLC. Also say that it would be fun to ride the Trax so you now have an excuse to end up at the Gateway. As you're walking around you "happen" to see that a new Apple store is there ("Wow Honey, did you know about this? This is totally cool" wink wink) and there you go....you can now see the Apple store and not end up sleeping on the couch

4. leftbanke7 thread starter macrumors 6502a

leftbanke7

From ifoapplestore.com:

The Gateway - Salt Lake City (Utah) - a mall is operated by the Boyer Company and occupies 650,000 s.f. and includes a 12-screen theater, restaurants, a planetarium and IMAX theater. SLC was the fourth-largest metro area without an Apple store. On Dec. 8, 2004 city planners approved a mall expansion plan that locates an Apple store between ZGallerie and Ann Taylor, at the north end of the mall near the Olympic Legacy Plaza. Appeared as a job location on Dec. 15, 2004. The store was to open in June 2005, but as of Sept. 2005 the expansion project was still under construction. Mall management gives a Nov. 5th grand opening date. [photos Oct. 6th]