Apple Store Southlake, TX (Dallas/Ft.Worth) Opening Saturday!!

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by crdean1, Apr 4, 2006.

1. macrumors 6502a

crdean1

I did not see this on ifo Apple Store or Apple's website, but it was confirmed to me by Southlake Town Square's management office that Apple will be opening their Southlake Store this weekend along with the Grand Opening of "Grand Avenue."

For those of you who don't know, Southlake is just North of Dallas/Fort Worth by about 15 minutes, and would be a great place to spend the day as they have many great shops and restaurants.

I can't tell, but by the looks of the flyer on the Grand Opening, it looks as if the Apple Store Southlake might be giving away a $500 gift certificate. Anyone know anything about this??

Photos of store were from ifo apple store, and for more information on Southlake Town Square, check out www.southlaketownsquare.com .

I'll be there with a buddy of mine. Anyone else going?

2. macrumors regular

Son of a .................
    Wouldn't you know it.....this is the first weekend in over six months my wife and I are going out of town.:mad:

3. macrumors 6502a

i'm up for going to this. this one is closer to where i live, now if they would just get a store in FW

4. thread starter macrumors 6502a

crdean1

5. macrumors regular

peterparker

I'll be there. Anybody else from Houston going?

6. thread starter macrumors 6502a

crdean1

What's up peterparker, what time are you guys coming...I am picking a buddy up at 5:30 to be there around 6:00am. The wait will most likely be outside this time, and it should be nice weather....now if I could just find an extra battery for the pb (or maybe I can squeeze 4 hours out of mine), I'll be in business. Ha!

Ryan

7. macrumors regular

peterparker

I'll be there hopefully around 8ish, leaving today and staying in Irving tonight. Mrs. peterparker has a prior engagement so she'll be missing out on this one. See ya there.

8. thread starter macrumors 6502a

crdean1

Yes, my wife really wanted to come to this one, but is working tomorrow. (the first Sat. she has had to work all year)

Sooo...my equally fanatical friend John is coming, and we'll save you a spot.

See you there.

9. macrumors regular

Just a word of warning to everyone coming to Southlake for this event. Saturday is not just the opening of a new Apple store, but the opening of an entire new division of Southlake Towne Square (Southlake's "outdoor mall"). In fact I have driven through the part of the parking lot that is accessable and have not been able to see the Apple Store as much of this new section is partitioned off to the public and I imagine it will be until the Grand Opening. I don't know what this will do to those planning on standing in some sort of line.

This has been hyped for quite a while and will be the thing to do. There is a parade planned and the majority of the community is expected to be in attendance. Good Luck.

10. macrumors regular

peterparker

Ummm, well traffic kind of sucked getting out of Houston. Decided to stay in Conroe tonight and head up in the morning. Hopefully get there before they open...

11. thread starter macrumors 6502a

crdean1

Fear not, my friend, there is a Starbucks onsite, which should cure any road wear, and we should be toward the front of the line.

Wpod, Capt. Underpants, you guys coming to this one?

12. thread starter macrumors 6502a

crdean1

I'm here, and some guy got here with his Dad at Midnight. It's coooollllddd!!

Edit: Add pic.

Attached Files:

13. macrumors 603

iSaint

How far back in line are you?

14. macrumors 6502a

Trowaman

aghjakhrrgh; grrrrr. . .

ok, I'm up, going for a shower, there in an hour. I shouldn't have stayed up all night playing X-Men Legends 2.

15. thread starter macrumors 6502a

crdean1

I am the empty chair, 5th in line. My buddy John is next to me typing on his pb. Wives did not make it this early. The kid in the front, and his dad were here at midnight, and there was a break-in overnight in the town square. The cops came up to them and they said they were waiting for the Apple Store opening. Ha!

I'm sure the cops were like, ummm..hmmm.

Edit: Fingersssss are freeeeziing! Trying to run as many programs as possible, maximizing heat. Hope the battery lasts.

16. macrumors 6502a

Trowaman

and there in the store, after the ungodly mob it was to get into the store.

anyways . . .

nice store, good size, studio along the back wall. IT's all good. :-D

17. thread starter macrumors 6502a

crdean1

18. macrumors member

I'm the guy that got there at Midnight with his dad!

19. macrumors 603

iSaint

Welcome to MacRumors! You're famous already!

20. macrumors member

haha yea I guess so!

It was neat being first to go in...for a second I was kinda worried because some of the people were complaing and acting foolish! But the Apple people made sure I was first!

I'm working on a video so I'll have that out in a second!

21. macrumors member

22. macrumors regular

peterparker

Mac geeks...

Attached Files:

23. macrumors member

I would love to have your iMac G4 :D lol

24. thread starter macrumors 6502a

crdean1

razzmatazz, sweet, glad you are a part of the greatness of MR. I am glad they recognized letting you guys in first. It was chaos this morning. I am actually back here for a second time. Our wives drug us back up here, so we are playing w/ the macbooks and they are looking at clothes.

Sweet!

I am on the left in peterparker's pic and my buddy John is on the right, and am actually standing in the same place that pic was taken this morning, I am most definitely a geek.

25. macrumors member

Did yall get ahead of the people that cut ahead? I was telling the Apple Employee that yall were with me.