Apple Store Special Deals has iBook refurbs

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by cubist, Mar 18, 2005.

1. cubist macrumors 68020

Jul 4, 2002
    Muncie, Indiana
    ... as well as all the iMac and PowerMac models. I just ordered a 12" iBook for $849.
  2. wdlove macrumors P6

Oct 20, 2002
    That sounds like a very good deal to me. Congratuatlions on your purchase, a very solid machine.
  3. Lacero macrumors 604

Jan 20, 2005
    iBook is an extremely gorgeous and fast machine. You'll love it.
  4. Covington macrumors member

Mar 18, 2005
    the middle of nowhere ... well, close enough
    That's great - I still got to convince my bros to trade in their PCs for Macs.
  5. Chrispy macrumors 68020

Dec 27, 2004
    Avon, IN
    Congrats! That is a good price. I had an iBook for about a year and I loved it. You will be pleased I am sure.
  6. Solafaa macrumors 6502a

Jul 15, 2004
    Daddy said not to talk to strangers
    The iBooks are get little laptops, i found them to be very nice but in my honest opinon the PB is the better modle. Congrats man.
  7. apple2991 macrumors 6502

May 20, 2004
    Um, very astute. But show me where you can get a PowerBook for $850.
  8. shane-o-mac macrumors regular

Jan 24, 2005
    Great Deal....I hope you enjoy.

Just a heads up for anyone buying a refurbished model: They do tend to have a few marks or blemishes, usually nothing major. And they are not shipped in the original packaging. They are great vaulues just keep in mind your not getting a "brand new" system.
  9. Solafaa macrumors 6502a

Jul 15, 2004
    Daddy said not to talk to strangers
    I am just saying that the PB is better looking, for the price the iBook is better.
  10. zpmqxonw macrumors newbie

Feb 14, 2005
    I bought that model around February 10th. It was a 1.2 ghz iBook with Combo drive for 849. I was really excited to come, but the shipping date kept getting delayed. This was really hard for me because I am a student and need a computer to type up my papers on. Finally, I just went to an apple store about 25 miles away and bought an open-box version for 50 dollars more because I was desparate. Not to burst your bubble, but don't expect the iBook to come on the day they estimate. It's a great computer by the way, I love mine but I didn't love Apple's customer service.
  11. gco212 macrumors 6502

Jul 21, 2004
    Go to microcenter, they have the 12" for a mere $799 right now.
  12. zimtheinvader macrumors regular

Jan 10, 2005
    the capitol
    what?! The 12"PB or the iBook? Either way, where can you access the Refurbs MicroCenter offers? I believe they had a PB 12" 1Ghz for $900 at one point, but I could only find it with a direct link from dealmac. :confused:
  13. ldburroughs macrumors 6502

Feb 25, 2005
    Virginia Beach, VA
    That's like saying ... The Civic is a great little car, I found them to be very nice but in my honest opinion the Accord is the better modle. Thanks for pointing out the obvious:)