Apple Store Special Deals has iBook refurbs

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by cubist, Mar 18, 2005.

1. cubist macrumors 68020

... as well as all the iMac and PowerMac models. I just ordered a 12" iBook for $849.

2. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

That sounds like a very good deal to me. Congratuatlions on your purchase, a very solid machine.

3. Lacero macrumors 604

Lacero

iBook is an extremely gorgeous and fast machine. You'll love it.

4. Covington macrumors member

the middle of nowhere ... well, close enough
    That's great - I still got to convince my bros to trade in their PCs for Macs.

5. Chrispy macrumors 68020

Chrispy

Congrats! That is a good price. I had an iBook for about a year and I loved it. You will be pleased I am sure.

6. Solafaa macrumors 6502a

Solafaa

The iBooks are get little laptops, i found them to be very nice but in my honest opinon the PB is the better modle. Congrats man.

7. apple2991 macrumors 6502

Um, very astute. But show me where you can get a PowerBook for $850.

8. shane-o-mac macrumors regular

shane-o-mac

Great Deal....I hope you enjoy.

Just a heads up for anyone buying a refurbished model: They do tend to have a few marks or blemishes, usually nothing major. And they are not shipped in the original packaging. They are great vaulues just keep in mind your not getting a "brand new" system.

9. Solafaa macrumors 6502a

Solafaa

I am just saying that the PB is better looking, for the price the iBook is better.

10. zpmqxonw macrumors newbie

I bought that model around February 10th. It was a 1.2 ghz iBook with Combo drive for 849. I was really excited to come, but the shipping date kept getting delayed. This was really hard for me because I am a student and need a computer to type up my papers on. Finally, I just went to an apple store about 25 miles away and bought an open-box version for 50 dollars more because I was desparate. Not to burst your bubble, but don't expect the iBook to come on the day they estimate. It's a great computer by the way, I love mine but I didn't love Apple's customer service.

11. gco212 macrumors 6502

Go to microcenter, they have the 12" for a mere $799 right now.

12. zimtheinvader macrumors regular

zimtheinvader

what?! The 12"PB or the iBook? Either way, where can you access the Refurbs MicroCenter offers? I believe they had a PB 12" 1Ghz for $900 at one point, but I could only find it with a direct link from dealmac. :confused:

13. ldburroughs macrumors 6502

That's like saying ... The Civic is a great little car, I found them to be very nice but in my honest opinion the Accord is the better modle. Thanks for pointing out the obvious:)