Apple store student discount

Discussion in 'Apple, Inc and Tech Industry' started by DJMastaWes, Feb 17, 2007.

1. macrumors 65816

DJMastaWes

First of all, hey everyone, long time no see.
    For anyone that knows me, you would know that I've been waiting for a C2D MacBook Pro since WWCD '06. Anyway, today looks like the day I'm going to get it, but, I have a question first.

We have an apple store here in Montreal, but I want to get a student discount. How does that work? Because, online, the discounts only seem to be for Cegep and Collages, and not high schools. So my question is, can High schoolers get discounts? If so, what's the process they go through to get it.

Thanks for your help guys, and I can't WAIT to get this stock 17'' MBP!!

2. macrumors 68000

pianoman

there is no education discount for high school students.

3. thread starter macrumors 65816

DJMastaWes

My brother is in college, but, he works today, so, would they give me the discount if I have his school ID and if me and my dad are there with IDs (all with the same last name)

4. Moderator emeritus

grapes911

I'm not going to tell you what to do, but you are on the line of attempting to break (not sure if this is the correct wording) a sales agreement. You probably shouldn't be talking about it here.

And no, I don't think they will give it to you.

5. macrumors member

If you waited this long, cant you just wait another day for your brother to go? Apple is not going to give you the discount with out him there. You could always order it online.

6. macrumors 604

gkarris

I don't know about up there, but here in the U.S., EVERYONE in education gets a discount. All students, and all staff.

I'm a contract staff person as our clients are schools, and one of the districts actually gave me an ID for their district. The Apple Store honored it since I'm considered staff with the ID.

7. macrumors member

baseballman1243

How I'm a H.S. student in the U.S. and I can't get a discount. You said there was a way?

8. macrumors regular

Not quite true, I am in high school too, and no discount is allowed.
    BUT
    I am enrolled in a local community college, so I am an eligible student.

9. macrumors 68000

pianoman

this is false. the education discount is for college students, college staff and faculty, and high school staff and faculty - high school students are excluded.

from Apple's US education routing page:

10. thread starter macrumors 65816

DJMastaWes

Yeah, there's not high school discount. Anyway, Im typing this on my new MBP!!!

Thanks for the help guys.

11. macrumors newbie

In-store Discount

I just need some clarification, I am planning on going to the Michigan Ave. Store and purchasing a MacBook Pro, what do I need to bring with me to get the student discount? Or can I even get that in person?

Thank you.

12. Guest

zblaxberg

bring your college acceptance letter...thats what i did or just bring your college id

13. macrumors newbie

Thanks.