apple store third street promenade!!

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by janey, Jul 3, 2003.

1. janey macrumors 603

janey

2. shadowfax macrumors 603

shadowfax

what is it with all these california stores? don't you guys have enough? we need one in austin, there is a massive population of mac users here. shoot, they have 2 in Dallas, and that place sucks compared to austin. apple needs to get on the ball with it's retail store strategy :mad:

3. macphoria macrumors 6502a

macphoria

It does seem like there are quite a few in California. Aren't there 3 within 30 minute driving distance? One in Pasadena, Glendale, Downtown... Are there more that I don't know about?

According to the map, it is not actually ON the 3rd Street Promenade, rather one block east. I wonder if it will get as much foot traffic.

4. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

Kinetics lesson: rate x time = distance.

Practical application: No matter how many Apple Stores there are in the Los Angeles area, it takes aleph 0 time to get to the closest one because L.A. traffic is moving at epsilon miles per hour, where epsilon approaches 0. In other words, the more Apple Stores the merrier. And since everyone in Los Angeles County is a rich movie star or record producer (or just about to be discovered by one), there are lots of people with disposable income, ripe targets for those pretty Apple Stores.

I think the map just has the dot in the wrong spot, since the address is on 3rd street.

5. tazo macrumors 68040

tazo

Re: apple store third street promenade!!

you do realize that now Apple will have 20% of their stores in CA?

Why not put one downtown in like Westlake center. hmmm that would be nice:p

6. burritos macrumors member

Not westlake center!

That place is already way to freaking crowded.(reminds me of driving in LA) Putting it in the TO janss mall is only slightly better, but at least it would be more appropriate. TO Janss mall is owned by the Macerich REIT whose ticker is 'MAC'!

7. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

ive been to so many apple stores. they just all seem the same to me now. i dont really feel like going to them anymore. although i wouldnt mind going to the chicago one since they have that coffee area with the internet cafe. it will be shocking once somone spills coffee on those 60 dollar keyboards.

iJon

8. Giaguara macrumors 6502a

Shadowfax, that's just one more reason to migrate from Texas. ;)

Looks cool. Now should i get my ass to California next week? I'd get a free apple t-shirt, mmmh....... :p

9. Giaguara macrumors 6502a

Oh gosh. We were talkin' before to go see grand canyons, and now it looks like we should really get out to see them. A good reason to go to grand canyons ... to get from there then to go to Santa Monica to queue another day in an other Apple Store opening. I think i'll go to target to buy more memory to my camera. :D

10. janey thread starter macrumors 603

janey

there are now...five apple stores within 30 minutes of driving from where i live
    glendale, pasadena. northridge, the grove and SANTA MONICA baby :D

los angeles has lots of people with lots of money to spend...steve must like us a lot :D

11. Tequila Grandma macrumors regular

You guys in austin have no right to complain -- you have Buster's BBQ (of course that is quite a ways away from downtown Austin), which is far tastier than the Apple Store :D

12. Daveman Deluxe macrumors 68000

Daveman Deluxe

All I want is an Apple Store in Oregon. Like next door. That would be sweet. The closest to me right now is Seattle.

I don't care where the Apple Store is in Oregon--if it's in Ontario or Burns, I'm there. Portland would probably be a better fit though.

13. shadowfax macrumors 603

shadowfax

do you have an apple store you'll trade for it? i don't care about a barbecue...

14. tazo macrumors 68040

tazo

hey on the bright side you get to drive to Bellevue, which is a really cool city :) although the what, 4 hr drive? must be a bitch lol

15. FriarTuck macrumors 6502

FriarTuck

Sorry, no coffee in the internet cafe. Just a bunch of G4 iMacs.

16. G4scott macrumors 68020

G4scott

Apple needs a retail store in McAllen TX. It's right on the border, next to a town with a population of somewhere around 1 million. There are so many people here who drive Jaguars, H2's, Corvettes, and other nice cars.

The money is here. The demand is here. The local mall, which sucks IMHO, is one of the biggest money making malls in Texas, or America... I'm not sure which, but it gets so many people from across the border...

And these people carry cash, and lots of it...

17. tazo macrumors 68040

tazo

I don't know how I can phrase this without being uber-offensive, but here goes.

I don't think that is Apple's main demographic.

To be honest neither is the Pacific Northwest :(

18. Tequila Grandma macrumors regular

In fact I do! The Apple Store at Aspen Grove isn't doing much, Apen Grove is essentially a glorified strip mall. The Apple Store at Cherry Creek (the real mall) serves me just fine :D

Now, of course, there's just the little matter of combining our efforts to create the most magnificent force of telekenetic power ever imagined, and take Buster's Bar B Que out of the middle of nowhere in Texas and put it in an upscale strip mall (and vice versa, with the Apple store)

In any case, you obviously haven't been to Buster's Bar-B-Que, which is one of the only good things in Texas. It's out in the middle of nowhere, and they only make one big batch of BBQ a day, which is usually fully depleted by about noon. Truly the most life-affirming food ever created :D

The products of the Apple Store can be ordered online, Buster's BBQ cannot :p

also: Fell lucky that even though you reside in Texas, you at least live in Austin, the only city slighty worth seeing (as well as hometown to director Wes Anderson!)

19. Horrortaxi macrumors 68020

Horrortaxi

I feel a little guilty now. I have the luxury of passing one Apple Store by (Glendale, hate the parking) to get to a farther one (Pasadena--still only 15 minutes away) that I like better.

20. janey thread starter macrumors 603

janey

and you have to remember that you have three more you can check out and that includes a flagship store :p

anyway, are you going to the opening? it'll be nice to have a little macrumors party while waiting in line :)

21. G4scott macrumors 68020

G4scott

Apple could make a killing... They have a multi-lingual OS, and tons of people with loads of cash... The local CompUSA can't keep a top of the line G4 on display, because they have so few, and people, artists, from Mexico come and buy them. The BestBuy is PACKED every weekend. So many people from across the border come to buy technology, and Apple is missing out...

22. janey thread starter macrumors 603

janey

i doubt they'd want to buy a computer from apple they don't have very good foreign tech support plus apple really wants a bigger market share in the US before moving to other countries

23. shadowfax macrumors 603

shadowfax

did you not here him say that the CompUSA couldn't keep itself stocked? that usually means that people are buying computers. either that or they are dumping them in the Rio Grande, i guess, but you can take your pick. i would have bought my TiBook even if they didn't have good support. i can take care of my own things most of the time...

24. tazo macrumors 68040

tazo

I think anything that will improve how many people are buying, using Apple computers is a tremendous advance.

25. janey thread starter macrumors 603

janey

compusa is never well stocked :p