Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today announced on its Chinese retail website that it will be opening its brand new store in Tianjin, China this Saturday, February 7.

applestoretianjin.png

The store will be located within the Nankai District and follows Apple's other recently opened locations in Zhengzhou, Hangzhou, and Chongqing.

Last month, Apple retail chief Angela Ahrendts noted that Apple would be opening five new retail stores in five weeks to coincide with the Chinese New Year. The Tianjin store is the fourth store in that rollout, as Apple has also boosted its advertising efforts in the region by releasing a new version of its ad "The Song" for the Chinese market. After the five stores are opened, Apple would have 20 locations in China and Hong Kong with an ultimate goal of 40 stores in China over the next few years.

Apple's new Tianjin store opens on Saturday, February 7 at 10:00 AM local time.

Article Link: Apple to Open New Retail Store in Tianjin, China on February 7

Last edited:

Mashurrab

macrumors regular
May 30, 2014
I understand the importance of china, but don't you think Apple that there are many places that need a store?

ron7624

macrumors 68020
Oct 14, 2011
Houston, Texas area
I understand the importance of china, but don't you think Apple that there are many places that need a store?

Isn't China the reason that Apple broke all previous sales records this past quarter? Apple is putting its money building stores where it will gain the most return.

corvustheraven

macrumors newbie
Apr 22, 2015
Maryland, USA
I have been to the Apple stores in Beijing, Shanghai and Chengdu in China, and every time I've gone, they have been PACKED. Like you can't even hardly walk through the store. Apple products have become status symbols, so they sell like hotcakes in China.

I remember a story from a few years ago where a man in China sold his kidney so he could buy an iPad. I wonder how he felt when the new one came out later on. He'll be a torso on dialysis pretty soon.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.