Apple Store UK - Am I being unreasonable?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by veyag, Sep 23, 2005.

1. veyag macrumors newbie

Sep 23, 2005
    30 August Tuesday - put in an order for over £2000 (which included an iPod and 20" iMac) of goods and was cleared for 10 months interest free credit by MBNA

6 September Tuesday - had heard nothing and in the mean time decided to change some items on the order. Was told that I would have to cancel and begin with a new order and would have to speak to MBNA again. Tried to re-order but got tired of waiting.

7 September Wednesday - decided that I would attempt to re-order. Was successful.

8 September Thursday - received MBNA agreement for my original order that had been cancelled, so tore it up and through it away.

9 September Friday - received MBNA agreement for my second order, signed it and posted. Also contacted the Apple Store to inquire about a confirmation email as I had not received one. Was told that I would get one once finance was agreed.

12 September Monday - received an email, so I assumed all was well and that I might get a delivery by the end of the week.

22 September Thursday - having waited nearly two weeks I telephoned to inquire about my order. Was told that finance had not been agreed. I explained all of the above. Was asked to be patient for 24 hours before canceling as the finance department was not open. The Apple Store would get back to me. I gave my mobile number and it was agreed that a message would be left on my voicemail the next day.

23 September Friday - the next day - heard nothing.

No new iMac. Disappointed and upset. Am I being unreasonable? Do I cancel? :(
  2. nomad01 macrumors 68000

Aug 1, 2005
    Birmingham, England
    Sounds like this was the stumbling block.

I don't think you're being unreasonable as it is frustrating but I wouldn't cancel.

Get back onto Apple and try to sort it out. It'll all be worth it when your shiny iMac arrives!

3. chucknorris macrumors 6502a

Jun 28, 2005
    Moscow, ID (No Kremlin here!)
    Couldn't have said it better myself!