Apple Store UK orders taking FOREVER.

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by Floop, Nov 17, 2003.

1. Floop macrumors regular

I ordered a G4 iBook, a 40Gb iPod and Final Cut Express from Apple on 24th October. Maximum build time was 10-12 days, then shipping.

The item showed as shipped on the Apple Store order tracking page on the 3rd November, but I have not yet received it. The route it has taken is as follows:

03 Nov 2003_00:00_Taiwan
    07 Nov 2003_22:33_Dublin_Shipped From Originating Depot
    10 Nov 2003_06:14_London Heathrow Depot_Import Received_
    10 Nov 2003_07:53_London Heathrow Depot_Out For Delivery_
    10 Nov 2003_10:50_London Heathrow Depot_Delivered_
    14 Nov 2003_15:54_Arnhem Hub_Consignment Passed Through Transit Point_
    14 Nov 2003_18:13_Eindhoven_Shipped From Originating Depot_
    16 Nov 2003_10:10_London Heathrow Depot_Import Received_
    17 Nov 2003_08:11_London Heathrow Depot_Out For Delivery_
    17 Nov 2003_10:50_London Heathrow Depot_Delivered_

So it has gone from Taiwan, to Dublin, to London Heathrow (which is 45 mins from my house) then on to Arnhem, then Eindhoven, now back to London Heathrow... but still not to me. It is probably sitting in some warehouse 45 mins away, but I expect tomorrow it will be sent of to the Solomon Islands or somewhere equally random.

I throw my hands up in utter confusion as to why this is happening. Apple Store can only tell me that it will eventually arrive... but say they cannot do anything to either speed the delivery up, or to explain why this torturous route is being followed.

Argh!

Floop

2. caveman_uk Guest

caveman_uk

The 'reason' it goes to Arnhem is probably to meet up with the rest of your order. When I ordered my ibook a year back it visited Luxembourg for a liason with the copy of MS Office I ordered. It is bloody stupid though...:rolleyes:

3. Wes macrumors 68020

Wes

The reason is that Apple is having trouble with DHL and codes, Apple started a new system recently and is still having trouble with DHL and matching the tracking codes. My iPod is sitting in Luxembourg.

4. Viv macrumors regular

I have to agree! I have had nothing but trouble with the UK Apple store.

Slow at every thing.

Viv

5. sparky76 macrumors regular

My copy of Panther came from Dublin to London, then took a European break, then to London, then to Northern Ireland. I could have walked to Dublin, picked it up and walked back quicker.

Then, I was in PC World and saw they had copies. I can get a new Apple OS quicker in PC World than from Apple. Not really helping their own cause, are they?

6. andym172 macrumors 6502

Same here. Save yourself a load of hassle - never use the Apple Store.

Education discounts may be good, but everything else stinks!!

7. Wes macrumors 68020

Wes

I didn't have the choice, this is the insurance company replacing my iPod that got stolen. If I had the choice, I could buy it from the apple shop 200 yards away and get 12.5% off for having a family member working there!

8. all-in-my-head macrumors member

All I can say is that at least its being shipped and doing a european tour, my G5 is still being reviewed!! Ordered it on October 27th with 5-9 day build time, should have shipped first week of nov. Apple store tell me it is being built dispite what Order Tracking says but cant give me a shipping time. Unfortunately I have no choice but Apple Store for that lovely Edu discount. O/w would have gone to John Lewis online.
    Also i wouldnt believe everything the shipment tracking says, according to that my iPod was succesfully delievered in Amsterdam 3 days after it arrived on my door step in Canterbury!!

Good luck tho, hope you get soon.

9. Jonm macrumors newbie

Apple tracking and estimated delivvery times cannot be believed. Actually, I can't even get onto the tracking site at the moment — although theree's not much point as it hasn't shifted on my order since November 6.
    Frankly, when you ring them up you get the impression they haven't a clue what's happening.
    Somewhere, they've got one major problem.
    Wonder why, though, there's been no official explanation from Apple — or at least a piece in one of the Mac magazines.:confused:

10. Viv macrumors regular

Same here! I am trying to sort out a piss-ant little order for an airport and an ADSL router.

The web site is unavailible, if you ring it takes 20 minutes to get an answer and when you do they cant help.

If you email they dont answer or they give you a differant answer to the question you asked.

Every time I have ordered it has been a problem, my Al15" took for ever, other stuff took ages to assemble, ship etc.

But hey lets not even mention the hassle it takes to get them to confirm the order in the first place!

Sorry to rant but I ordered it last Monday for some one who needs it now and they have not even shipped it cos they cancelled the order internally then lost it! and thats after five phone calls.

Viv

11. Floop thread starter macrumors regular

Phone Number

TNT gave me this number, which they told me is an Apple Helpline which has been set up for people still waiting for their AppleStore orders to arrive:

0870 876 0753

I phoned this national rate helpline.

It turns out this is the AppleCare helpline, which can only offer technical support to people who have already received their products.

What is going on.

Floop

12. Floop thread starter macrumors regular

Tracking status has been updated!

Bear in mind that I live London, then have a laugh

24 Oct 2003_16:32_Order Placed
    03 Nov 2003_00:00_Taiwan
    07 Nov 2003_22:33_Dublin_Shipped From Originating Depot
    10 Nov 2003_06:14_London Heathrow Depot_Import Received_
    10 Nov 2003_07:53_London Heathrow Depot_Out For Delivery_
    10 Nov 2003_10:50_London Heathrow Depot_Delivered_
    14 Nov 2003_15:54_Arnhem Hub_Consignment Passed Through Transit Point_
    14 Nov 2003_18:13_Eindhoven_Shipped From Originating Depot_
    16 Nov 2003_10:10_London Heathrow Depot_Import Received_
    17 Nov 2003_08:11_London Heathrow Depot_Out For Delivery_
    17 Nov 2003_10:50_London Heathrow Depot_Delivered_
    18 Nov 2003_14:24_Arnhem Hub_Consignment Passed Through Transit Point

So my items have now gone on the following route:

Taiwan - Dublin - London - Arnhem - Eindhoven - London - Arnhem

I live 45 minutes outside London. TWICE my order has been to London, and TWICE it has then gone back to Arnhem.

I am putting all sharp implements under lock and key because I am afraid this has got me so wound up I may have to stab something.

Floop