Apple store [was] down!

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by hohohong, May 9, 2010.

1. macrumors 6502

I know it’s pre-order for iPad for countries other than US. But US Apple store is also down?

A possibility of Air update?

2. macrumors member

Hopefully not just a regular maintenance. It may be a BTS promo. But new Air would be great :D

3. macrumors 6502a

PsyD4Me

sorry, no update, look for one around WWDC though, well maybe

4. macrumors 6502a

WWDC is going to be about iPhone, and (almost) only the iPhone/pod/pad/whatever. Actually right now is the perfect time for Apple to ship a new air, they just announced the ipad for non-us markets but arent shipping them yet, so there is minimal ipad buzz right now.

5. macrumors 6502a

Veinticinco

6. macrumors demi-god

Manatee

Let's hope it's down again tomorrow (Tuesday). Then I'll be looking for the little "New" badge over the Air.

7. macrumors 6502a

PsyD4Me

You're assuming that the next air will have a huge update taking sunshine away from the iPhone, BUT a release around wwdc will simply mean that it will get a small bump in processing speed and 4gb

8. macrumors member

Awesome, I just sold my old MBP 15 2.53 this week too. Here's hoping for 4GB + 256GB SSD + 320M. Processor for me doesn't matter, i-whatever is nice but really the 4GB, large SSD, and better graphics means I won't have to settle for a MBP 13 2.4 320M + 256GB SSD + 1.5 pounds of weight.

9. macrumors 6502

It's going to have to be a pretty amazing update to keep me from going to a MBP, Air just can't keep up with what I do on it these days..

10. macrumors 65816

fr4c

I don't care if they still use C2D, it's the 2GB RAM that bothers the crap outta me.

11. celticpride678

It's back up for me with no changes.

12. macrumors newbie

I just bought an Air 3 days ago! Haha. :apple:

13. macrumors 65816

well well well, where's your new air? rumors are just that. no air today.

14. macrumors 68000

The Samurai

Its 5am in Cupertino :D

I guess the stores will go down around the start/mid of business hours?

15. macrumors 601

Scottsdale

They would have gone down over an hour ago if the update were to happen today. Maybe next Tuesday. That was the date reported a few weeks ago anyways. We still have plenty of chances. The good news is we have not only a potential product number but also rumors from several sources pointing to an MBA update soon.

16. macrumors 65816

iZac

There will always be a next tuesday.

Incidentally I keep getting really excited for about half a second every time I read this thread title!

17. macrumors 68040

entatlrg

Disappointing in a way for sure ... I think it's time I settle in with my 13" MBP and appreciate it, it's a great machine could be worse.

18. macrumors 601

Scottsdale

You know, it's only three weeks until WWDC. If it doesn't happen by then, I would be really disappointed. However, there have been many rumors about an MBA coming soon. I really believe it will be by WWDC at the latest. Otherwise, many sources that have been correct about many other rumors are wrong about the MBA. It just makes sense for an MBA with an Nvidia 320m by WWDC.

19. macrumors regular

Ahh it would be awesome if Apple updates the MBA in the next few weeks! As long as they dont up the price to much for the SSD model, has 4 gb ram I will get it, as that should be more than enough to run parallels with win7!

20. macrumors newbie

Does it HAVE to be a Tuesday?

21. macrumors 6502a

PsyD4Me

:D

22. macrumors 6502

Go easy on him, he's a newbie

23. macrumors 601

Scottsdale

It would be strange if it were any other day especially if it didn't correlate with a live event of some sort. If there's a federal holiday on a Monday, then it could be on a Wednesday. In this case, the odds would be extremely low that it would happen between now and next Tuesday am. I would think it's more likely that Apple would introduce a $99 MBA next Tuesday than a new MBA tomorrow - meaning it really isn't going to happen tomorrow! God I hope this is one of those times when I truly get caught with my foot in my mouth being completely wrong!

24. macrumors regular

lol! lol! lol!

Did i mention that made me lol! :D

25. macrumors newbie

Ok thanks. I have been using Mac's for years but have not yet gotten fanatical to the point where I know what day of the week the products are released. In fact it has only been in the last year that I have actually watched the live updates of keynotes and such. And it is only been this month where I have started reading rumors and visiting forums to talk about computers. Give me a break.