Apple Store?

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by seabass069, Feb 9, 2006.

1. seabass069 macrumors regular

Am I able to walk into an Apple Store and buy a mac and walk home with it, or do I have to order one through them and have it delivered to my house. I don't need any extra features, just a stock Mac.

Second, is a 10,000 rpm WD Rapture drive to hot for a new iMac?

2. macaggie macrumors newbie

depends on which one. Macbook...not yet. If you order a standard package for most other systems (like the imac/powerbook/powermac, etc) they can get it to you right then. However, if you want to upgrade certain parts of it, that can possibly take then a day+ to get ready (i was going to buy a powermac in the store and just upgrading the video card was going to set me back 1-2 days). But other than that...basic systems are avaliable in-store

so if you say stock mac...im pretty sure they'll have what your looking for in-store

not sure about the wd rapture, is that through apple or aftermarket?

3. Macky-Mac macrumors 68030

Macky-Mac

typically they have them in stock so you walk in, pay for it and carry it out.....a warning tho, with newly released products you may find that it takes a little bit of time for their supply to catch up with demand

4. seabass069 thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks! Well, I just bought an iMac G5 from the Apple Store. I was stuck having to pay the extra $50 for wireless keyboard/mouse. It's all they had left, so they say. The keyboard I don't mind, I hate the mouse. No scrolling wheel. I already switched back to my Microsoft mouse.

5. echeck macrumors 68000

echeck

Get a Mighty Mouse. :)