Apple Store

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by MyLittleRiley, Feb 20, 2007.

1. MyLittleRiley macrumors newbie

I am about to order a White MacBook 2GB/120GB hard drive from the online store. I was wondering, if the Apple Stores normally have these type of MacBooks in stock? If they do, I drive down and buy it tomorrow instead of waiting weeks to receive it from the online store. I have never been to an Apple Store before and the one that is 45 minutes away is not in a very good neighborhood.

Thanks!
    Marissa

2. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

I'm not trying to sound mean, but can't you try calling that store and asking before you make the drive?

3. MyLittleRiley thread starter macrumors newbie

You are not being mean. :)

I tried calling and it only goes to an automated voice that tell you the directions and hours of operation.

I was not sure if Apple Stores normally have a range of MacBooks, or just the basic configurations.

4. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

That's very odd... there's almost always an option to speak w/ a human. :p

I dunno for your specific store, but the Apple stores 'round here only carry the 'stock' configurations.

5. MyLittleRiley thread starter macrumors newbie

I thought it was strange too.

Thank you very much! I will order mine online. :)

6. Roy Hobbs macrumors 68000

Roy Hobbs

Listen to the Automated Voice, it will tell you press a number which will connect you to someone at the store. The Apple Store near me its "5".

I have a hard time believeing the Apple Store is in a bad area, I have never seen one that wasn't in a affluent area

7. aristobrat macrumors G4

8. pianoman macrumors 68000

pianoman

order online. they only carry stock configurations in store and any upgrades are more expensive.

here's my basis for the latter part of that statement: i wanted to buy a stock 2.0Ghz 17" iMac but add 2GB of RAM at the store. the Apple Store people told me the 2x1GB set of RAM would cost $600 as opposed to $175 online because the online store keeps the extra RAM whereas in the store they don't. sorry for the awkward explanation - i can't seem to find any better way to put it.

9. McGarvels macrumors 6502

McGarvels

You evidently haven't heard of the Chula Vista Apple Store in San Diego.

[EDIT]: Evidently Apple heard your comment because I just checked and the Chula Vista Store is no longer in business! LOL

[EDIT 2]: I am delusional and realized that it's still there, it's the Otay Ranch one. Regardless Chula Vista = bad area

10. bbergie macrumors regular

bbergie

I'd go online, too. The delivery time is actually pretty fast, even if you opt for standard shipping. I doubt that you'll wait weeks––a fear you outlined in your opening comment. In fact, it may arrive as early as the next day (as what happended to me when I ordered my cinema display using standard shipping) or up to 10 days.

Regardless of how you acquire your MacBook, enjoy it. :) It'll be a nice machine.