Apple Store

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Frankf300, Apr 4, 2007.

1. Frankf300 macrumors regular

Frankf300

I've searched the forums, Google, and every place I could think of and I couldn't find an answer to my question. If the answer is sitting right in front of my face please feel free to bash me all you want lol :rolleyes: . I know it seems so odd to me, but how do you sign out of the Apple Store? I see no obvious way to log out. I figured it might be set up weird like Amazon where it does not clearly have a log out link, but I couldn't find aything. I was clicking links all over the Apple site to no avail, I couldn't find anything. Just seems more secure to me to log out once I'm finished. :D

2. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

1. Session times out
    2. Delete cookies

Yeah...

3. Frankf300 thread starter macrumors regular

Frankf300

O, ok...thanks. Why can't they just make life easier and have a log out button lol. O well their products that I spend hundreds of dollars on have all come through for me so I won't complain :D . :apple:

4. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

Someone else would have to log in as you or buy things at the terminal you're at before your session times out. Just because you're logged in doesn't mean someone else has access to your account now.

5. Frankf300 thread starter macrumors regular

Frankf300

Ok...gotcha, thanks. That's good to know, I guess I get crazy with that kind of stuff. Although I would think Apple has one of the most secure sites around.

6. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

Spiffy little 128-bit certificate when you log into your account.

There are ways to log into Amazon without doing it securely. (Mostly from Amazon.com mail links.) So check for the lock in your browser.