Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

srobert

macrumors 68020
Jan 7, 2002
Hey! That's good news. Our favoUrite company is finally coming this side of the boder, in the flesh. :D

TurboLag

macrumors member
Feb 24, 2004
Yea!! I take the subway from Yorkdale to Eaton center everyday. That means Ill be seeing the Apple store 4 times a day!

johnnyjibbs

macrumors 68030
Sep 18, 2003
London, UK
Nice to see Apple expanding into other territories. I can't wait for Apple Store London. Expect new stores in Paris, Rome, Geneva, Stuttgart, Glasgow.. in the next year or two. (Not to mention more US ones :) )

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
Congratulations to our members from Canada. Apple needs to meet the needs of its international customers as well. Europe should also be on the list soon. Hopefully it will be this year.

aethier

macrumors 6502a
Feb 1, 2003
Montréal, Canada
Why wouldn't they put it in Montreal and Toronto instead of what ever other crappy city it was in, given that Montreal and Toronto or the two bussiest cities in canada.

aethier

pb1212580

macrumors member
Sep 19, 2003
Go Canada!
Don't they realize Vancouver is a huge market?
Hosting Winter Olympics 2010?!

Something fishy going on with management and policy... Apple needs to fire some people high up there first...

ps. or they need to hire me to sort it out ;)

Photorun

macrumors 65816
Sep 1, 2003
NYC
VERY cool! I stay at the Marriott at Eaton Centre all the time, it's a very hip little area on Toronto's Yonge Street. It'd be perfect for an Apple Store! This is great news and 'bout friggin' time, eh?!

RalphNumbers

macrumors newbie
May 9, 2003
Wow, that was one hell of a line at the japanese apple store opening.

I thought the line at the Chicago Michigan Ave. store opening was absurdly long when I went, but it was only about 2/3, maybe 3/4, of that.

Dave K

macrumors member
Aug 9, 2002
Yorkdale has a massive hole in it where Eatons/Sears was that Apple could subsection, retrofit, and move into rather quickly.

But, my recollection (admittedly a few months old), of the Eaton Centre is that the same can not be said for it. Unless they kick the Ryerson Students out and gut the old multiplex on the northwest end. I'd see it as far more likely they they'd move into the northeast side shopping complex for the Yonge/Dundas redevelopment kitty corner with EC's north end so they could be in the general public's eyes. Afterall, the main problem with the EC is still that its a massive enclosed brick monolith with little to no ability to see whats inside from the street.

But, to be honest, it will be one or the other, not both. There's already a farily large concentration of Apple dealers in Toronto, and especially downtown. So, I'm not sure it's in Apple's best interests to step all over them.

Awimoway

macrumors 68000
Sep 13, 2002
California
It seems that we may have finally isolated the Negative Ratings culprits who rate every story negative: Canadians. This is the first time I've seen more than 20 ratings when 0 are negative.

I'm onto you, Canadians! ;)

AmigoMac

macrumors 68020
Aug 5, 2003
l'Allemagne
Does it mean...

G5 PB´s release at the same time with the store? :p ... cool! (I know, off topic, but someone has to do it)

srobert

macrumors 68020
Jan 7, 2002
Originally posted by evil
GAH!!!! they have to wait until right when i am moving out of toronto!

Ok guys! He's gone. Bring in the store. Easy... easy... easy... there! Put it down. Perfect!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.