Apple Stores in Tigard/Portland

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by evilinsanity, Jul 11, 2005.

1. evilinsanity macrumors member

I am going to be in Portland, Oregon for a week. I'm leaving July 17th. I would like to know from someone who has been to both Bridgeport Village and Washington Square, which store is nicer and/or larger? I am also planning to go to Pioneer Place, which is opening July 16th.

Thanks.

2. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

Damn them for opening PP on the 16th. They have been working on it since Day One of the Retail Store Project. Too bad I am stuck on my Island, grilling bread for a Shrine BBQ, then having to pick my Parents up at the Airport.

I've only been to Washington Square, which is a standard Apple Store. I'd Imagine that Bridgeport Village would be larger with a video screen section like many of the strip mall Apple Stores. However if there is something you are looking to buy while you are there, I'd suggest the Mac Store, as they seem to have a much better selection of items in stock than any Apple Store.

TEG

3. pna macrumors 6502

Looking to make a large purchase, sales tax free? ;)

I bought a used alubook from a guy up here in seattle who I know has never lived in Oregon. He gave me the receipt, and I see that he must have made a special trip down there just to buy his powerbook and cinema display tax free. Not a bad move, he spent so much that he actually saved himself several hundred dollars...

4. michaelrjohnson macrumors 68020

I'm jealous of the lack of sales tax, that's for sure. Where I'm at currently it's only 5.1%, so it's not bad.

5. evilinsanity thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the replies. I am not planning to make a purchase. But you never know. I might have to check the Mac Store out, TEG. Thanks again you two for the advice.

6. evilinsanity thread starter macrumors member

oops I said you two. I started to post a reply before michaelrjohnson posted. :p I agree with you too, here sales tax is 7.00%

7. michaelrjohnson macrumors 68020

Lol :p

No offense taken. I figured it was just because my post was just a few degrees off-topic. No biggie! :)