Apple Stores Lurking....

Discussion in 'Community' started by chriscorcoran, Jan 20, 2005.

1. chriscorcoran macrumors newbie

If you have been to your local mall latly you may have noticed someting, something black. Not as in the black doom we head encarnated by the disty teenage girls who will one day run this country but rather a black with a white lining. This lining begins to take shape as you approach it, it starts wavy and then then becomes clear, its the oh so friendly Apple with the words www.apple.com under it. Now I may be completely off the mark here but do I smell the makings of an Apple Store? This is the case in my local mall, the South Shore Plaza in Braintree, Mass.

I imagine its going to be a mini apple store but does anyone know when the hell it is going to open? I have been walking past the black wall with a pad locked door for months now. I cant wait for it to open. Anyone some one, please, even if you dont know but have information on other mini apple stores I would love to know.

2. bigandy macrumors G3

bigandy

it could be, but then it could just be an apple advert on the front of another store being put inside. that's happened before over here, one company's been creating a shop and another's advertised on the outside. ever heard any noise from it, seen people coming & going, seen any deliveries, or anything that would actually show a store was being built inside?

3. RBMaraman macrumors 65816

RBMaraman

Yes, it is an Apple Store. I found this quote about it on ifoapplestore.com:

South Shore Plaza - Braintree (Mass.) - First listed July 14, 2004 as a location on the "Jobs" Web page, it's an indoor, Simon-owned property next to I-93 south of Boston. The store is next to Crate and Barrel, in the "G" section of the store. It will be the 5th store in the region. Appeared on printed store calendar Sept. 1, 2004. Construction reportedly stalled until after the holidays.