Apple Stores Stock Question

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by jonat8, Aug 18, 2005.

1. jonat8 macrumors regular

I'm after one of the new iBook's and am considering making a trip down to Regent Street tomorrow to get one, but as I live 100 miles away I wanted to know if they generally keep a fair number in stock? Is it best to ring them, can you reserve items for pickup the following day?

2. persianpunisher macrumors regular

I dont know how it is in the UK, but if its 100miles away, call ahead. And yeah, i think you can reserve them. Take care mate, and enjoy your iBook

3. VanMac macrumors 6502a

VanMac

4. drumpat01 macrumors 6502

drumpat01

ya if your gonna drive that far, id certainly call a head and make sure they have what you want and i dont know if they can, but definitly ask nicely if they could hold one for you and say your on your way. Even if they cant, maybe you'll get lucky and a nice worker will do it for you anyway :)

5. akm macrumors member

I'd definitely call; not sure if they will reserve one for you on phone, but they may.

I went to the Apple Store (Yorkdale, in Toronto, Canada) to get my 14" iBook (thinking that as they are the only Apple Store in Canada, they surely must have lots of stock), but they were not only out of stock, but told me they had a waiting-list with some 60 or so people on it for the stock configured 14”. I ended up placing my order online and got my iBook 4 days later (if they are out of stock, it may be faster to use the online Apple Store as Yorkdale told me it would take a week for them to get new stock in) :)

6. PaRaGoNViCtiM macrumors 6502a