Apple stores vs. PC stores...

Discussion in 'Community' started by _bnkr612, Aug 20, 2004.

1. _bnkr612 macrumors 6502a

_bnkr612

I must say, going to an Apple store is much more of a thrill then going into a PC store.
    Let's say I walk into a PC store with its boring flouresent lights and storage like building the one where they wear red collared shirts and have name tags. Long greasy hair is usually trendy but only in a pony tail, glasses can be found on their faces too. I make my way back to the little Apple section in the corner and find that most of the stuff is out of date/stock. I ask for help, they don't know. Then they ask me if I am an Apple user or looking for iPod accessories, "Um... I am pretty sure Apple makes iPods and yes, I am an Apple user. You don't have what I need." I wasted my time in there, I should have just driven the extra 20 minutes to the Apple store. So I did.

I walk in and I can't believe what I am seeing at an Apple store, not just a computer store! I see females who are attractive and not actually just staring at the iPods, they want an iBook or a G5! I thought I was in heaven with these 20-something fems getting to know the world of a real computer maker. Not just a crappy mock up. But anyway, to sum it up. They had what I needed and the atmosphere could not have been more pleasant.

Go Apple.

2. janey macrumors 603

janey

ah thats so stereotypical of you :( there are some good PC folks out there, maybe not necessarily at PC stores, but hell...i'd agree with you for the most part. Going to a PC store (maybe except that CompUSA on Market Street in San Francisco...that place has a crazy Mac section) for Apple/Mac stuff is like going to da dermatologist for an eye problem..

Heh the experience can be ruined by rude employees, but in general the Apple stores are in good shape. And the females thing...rofl.
    When i first read `I see females who are attractive` i thought you were talking about the employees. Yeah, Apple is good at the retail thing.
    Then again, I'd rather go to a PC store like Fry's if I wanted to look for people who were a little out of the ordinary. The shopping folks at Apple Stores are usually just your usual laymen, only once in a while will you find a knowledgeable person, and thats mostly at the genius bar talking to one of the geniuses. :p

3. medea macrumors 68030

medea

Gee I have glasses on my face, I must be an unpleasant PC user. And who would have thought there are females out there who are smart enough to have an interest in Apple that goes beyond the iPod. Egads!

Beware the polarized stereotype!