Apple Student Promo in UK

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by R.Youden, Jun 6, 2006.

1. R.Youden macrumors 68020

R.Youden

On the American Apple website it shows you can buy a MacBook and get a free iPod nano, whilst on the UK site there is no such promo.

I am sure in the past both countries have had the same offer?

2. joshysquashy macrumors 6502a

uk will probs get some sorta promo, but not for a little while after the us.

3. Hobbit macrumors member

Last July/August the student promo in the UK was buy a mac + any ipod and get £100 rebate.

Myself I couldn't wait for the offer this year so i bought a macbook last week. If you can wait for a month or so then you'll be saving around £100.

By the way, does anyone know when the Apple Store at the Arndale Centre in Manchester is opening (it must be sometime soon)? what offers do they normally have when opening a new store?

4. enpojken macrumors member

I sort of had the same question: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=206911

It sounds as if the UK will be having a similar offer. It's just a case of when.

5. Jamesw macrumors member

Here in Canada, the promo is not out yet. I called in both Canadian locations and they have no idea when it is coming out. Hopefully it is the same promo.

6. Willis macrumors 68020

Willis

Apple dont usually annouce dates for stores until about a week before they open.

So far, ive never heard of any offers. Usually its just free t-shirts to the 1st 1000 people.

7. mpw Guest

I think it's just a case of when the 'back to school' marketing kicks in.

When do US high school kids start planning their college entries? Around now/graduation I guess where as the UK A-level results won't be out for a few weeks(if at all this year) so parents won't be buying gift for their kids until then etc.