Apple Student Representative Program?

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by intrepkid21, Feb 15, 2005.

1. intrepkid21 macrumors regular

Apr 6, 2004
    Long Island, New York
    I have an interview with an Apple representative on Thursday regarding a job for an Apple student representative at my college campus. Needless to say, I am rediculously excited. I'm really not sure what the job is going to entail or how I should go about preparing some useful knowledge for the interview. Has anyone here somehow associated with this program and if so, could you give me a few tips? Thanks!
  2. varmit macrumors 68000

Aug 5, 2003
    All I can say is Apple likes excitement from its employees. I don't know what the job details, but I’m sure they would like you to show your appreciation for the products and be able to convey that to others. I also think this is more of and interview where they find out how they can use you. Such as they find out that you are great at programming, they might give you an internship writing code. Or if you a jolly person and easy to talk to, maybe put you in a store somewhere. I think its more of a placement thing you are going for with this student thing. Then again, I don't have a clue, just a guess.
  3. wPod macrumors 68000

Aug 19, 2003
    Denver, CO
    er. .. cool. . .but what is the student representative program? i go to school, id love to represent mac!!! id just reccomend brushing up on your mac knowledge and be confidint with everything you discus! that generally helps in any interviewing format.
  4. sakasune macrumors member

Mar 12, 2004
    I'm an Apple Campus Rep for Temple University (I assume that's what you mean by Student Rep). It really is a great job, it feels great to be the "mac guy" on campus. I can't tell you exactly what you will do because it will be up to your boss, but I can tell you what I've been doing and what else could be done. I talk to students, hand out promo cards (until the end of March, we have these iTunes scratcher cards to give out...everyone is a "winner"), I'm starting a Mac User Group on campus, and eventually I will have to set up demo tables (set up includes flyers, CDs, and a mac or two on display).
    As for the interview, don't sweat it. As with most things, be yourself. Answer questions sincerly, and dont act like all you do is talk about Macs. I actually said in my interview that I recognize the strengths and weakness of Windows and OS X. They are looking for someone who knows a thing or two, willing to learn (they have a great online training site for all apple products), willing to go out there and get the word out. All in a 15 hour week, hehe. With my other on campus job, my classes, I still find/make time for Apple.

If you have any other questions, I'll be more than happy to help you. E-mail me at or
    I hope you get the job, good luck!
  5. mcmav37 macrumors 6502

Dec 30, 2004
    Ann Arbor, MI
    Check out this . Seems pretty awesome... I only wish I had known about it earlier... I'm done in 4 months.
  6. Flyinace2000 macrumors 6502a

Sep 28, 2004
    Whats the pay like?
    Any perks? (go to WWDC, hardware discounts?)
  7. intrepkid21 thread starter macrumors regular

Apr 6, 2004
    Long Island, New York
    hey thanks for that link! I am very pumped for tomorrow!!! I'll let you all know how it goes!