Apple Studio Display 17"

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by g^3, Nov 30, 2005.

1. g^3 macrumors member

Hi everyone,
    I just sold my LCD studio display on ebay and the person claims that there are adapters missing. Did the display come with an adapter? and if so which one? thanks for your help.

2. Sparky's macrumors 6502a

Sparky's

As I recall when I opened my Studio 17" Display I took all the cables and adapters I didn't need (all of them) and tossed them in a drawer. They do come with adapters the later models with Analog and Digital cables, I just never needed them and have forgotten what they are. Mine finally burned out after 6 years so there was no need to try and sell it, and I couldn't recognize any of the stuff for it now if I tried.:confused:

3. Laser47 macrumors 6502a

Laser47

I think youre talking about this right?
    [​IMG]
    That display uses the ADC (Apple Display Connector) which is basically just a cable. It gets its power from the computer so there isint anything missing.
    If that person does not have a computer equipped with an ADC connector he will need to buy the adc converter from apple.

4. Sparky's macrumors 6502a

Sparky's

Sorry I was thinking of the older Studio models that were sold when the G3's came out:eek:

5. g^3 thread starter macrumors member

thank you, that what i thought, the display doesn't need adaptors and only uses that one cable

6. g^3 thread starter macrumors member

Hi I need some help again. It turns out the girl only has VGA out on her computer. Where can she get an ADC video card, cheap, for her Powermac PCI graphics machine, its pretty old, only 350Mhz. I'm not sure all the cards will fit.

7. DZ/015 macrumors 6502a

DZ/015

Unfortunately, the motherboards on the older AGP Powermacs do not support ADC. Even if you can find a PCI graphics card with an ADC port (I have never seen one) and install it, it would not work.

8. g^3 thread starter macrumors member

anyone have any other ideas to connect the ADC display to a PCI powermac?

9. Laser47 macrumors 6502a

Laser47

Get a pci graphics card with dvi and get apples DVI-ADC adaptor

10. Dzynmkr macrumors newbie

Say it isn't so!

I recently bought a Power Mac G4, replaced the hard drive and bought a 17" studio display for it. Now, I am having major connection issues. The back of the computer has 2 FEMALE connectors. One I believe is VGA - 15 holes (3 sets of 5). The other is ADC (or from what I am seeing, possibly AGC) - 24 holes (3 sets of 8) AND 2 horizontal slits and one vertical slit. My monitor is MALE with 30 holes (3 sets of 10) AND a horizontal slit with 2 holes on either side. I have been searching for adapter and cards and can't seem to find exactly what I need. Am I stuck with finding another monitor for my computer? Or will I have to buy a new card AND the adapter? Someone help!