apple studio display 21 with windows how to?

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by pHarciDe, Jun 18, 2004.

1. pHarciDe macrumors newbie

hey guys, trying to figure out how to get my apple crt studio display 21' to work with windows? any ever try this? i hook it up and it works, i just can't figure how to adjust screens size, ect, anyone know were i could get some monitor drivers or any software, or if anyone has hacked anything up?

2. Rod Rod macrumors 68020

Rod Rod

what's your graphics card? its drivers should have all the adjustment capabilities you're looking for.

3. pHarciDe thread starter macrumors newbie

4. Rod Rod macrumors 68020

Rod Rod

that card's drivers should include everything you need to adjust the geometry and colors ... it should be its own separate utility, apart from the Displays control panel. did you have any luck finding it?

5. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Hmmm....

Windows has utilities for controlling Apple Studio Displays?

One of the reasons I always told people to buy CRTs with controls on the monitor, because you don't have to worry about somebody keeping the drivers updated.

6. Rod Rod macrumors 68020

Rod Rod

I figure it's worth trying, and I meant ATI might have generic screen controls built into its drivers that would apply to all variety of monitors, not that Windows would have the utilities. of course, the ATI drivers and its utility would be running in Windows but it's not exactly the same thing. the tubes themselves are built by Sony or Mitsubishi, right?

but yeah, it's also likely that there's something in the CRT ASDs that would prevent non-Apple CPUs from having any influence. but as I said it's worth a shot for him to try something he may have not yet tried.

worse comes to worst / best, he may just get a Mac for this nice monitor and be done with it.

7. pHarciDe thread starter macrumors newbie

yea guys great tips, yea sure enough its right there in the displays tab under the display properties! can't belive i didn't think of this before, too bad, i blew out my back carring it, i'm only 20 and i'm good shap (well i thought) i carred the monitor up the stairs and up to my room and no problems at all, but then my back was sore for 2 days and just yesterday i was walking inside my house and i collapsed on the floor i couldn't breathe or walk or move my neck i was in some real bad pain so yesterday i was bed ridden and couldnt move at all, today i'm better as long as i don't bend my back i'm okie, geeze, can't belive that happened, oh we'll fixed my monitor though, thx, guys, what i expected from the mac community ;)

8. Rod Rod macrumors 68020

Rod Rod

it's an 85 lb. monitor, right?

congrats for getting it to work... and try out a Mac one day, you might like it. I know I did.

and get well soon!

9. pHarciDe thread starter macrumors newbie

yea i grew up on macs at age 9 i got my first real computer performa 60mhz 800megs hdd 14.4 (miss my bbs's) and apple town isp (i think thats what it was called) like macos 7.5.3 around there, i mean i've used macs before that apple II's ect. i love the mac learned how to program on them, pickedup assembily language (macsbugs) and resedit (love that clown) and hacked away! still remember hotline, but it went to crap when they ported it to pc. and macamp and macamp light was sooo cool, always needed my great conflict catcher proggy and man, what was that mp3 player that company made too!! ... either way i'll always be a mac users at heart, just cost way tooo much money so i could never upgrade to the G series, but i always have there back and always love them <333