Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple is gearing up for its annual World Aids Day campaign and has partnered with popular iOS app developer Supercell for a (SUPERCELL)RED promotion that will see the developer offering a special in-game decorative item for purchase, with 100 percent of proceeds going towards the Global Fund to fight AIDS.

Supercell is the developer behind some of the most profitable apps in the App Store, with Clash of Clans currently ranked as the number three most profitable app and Boom Beach ranked as number 10. From now until December 4 at 8:00 a.m., players who purchase a (Pile of Gems)RED pack in Clash of Clans, a (Pile of Diamonds)RED in Boom Beach, or a (Bag of Diamonds)RED in Hay Day can contribute to the fight against AIDS.

appleworldaidsday-800x435.jpg

Apple has a long history of working with (PRODUCT)RED to fund AIDS research and charity work, and the company has run a World AIDS Day campaign for the last several years. Each year, Apple highlights World AIDS day on its website and decorates its retail stores with red Apple logos. With World AIDS day taking place tomorrow, December 1, Apple retail stores are expected to see decorations going up this afternoon and this evening.

Apple has also released an official (PRODUCT)RED leather case for the iPhone 6s and the iPhone 6s Plus, which joins the (PRODUCT)RED silicone case that was released alongside the new iPhones in September.

Article Link: Apple Teams Up With Supercell for 2015 World AIDS Day Campaign

sphockey04

macrumors newbie
Nov 30, 2015
It should be The Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis, and Malaria

Apple got it wrong, not MR

tony1984

macrumors member
Jul 4, 2014
i just looked it up, never heard of that before (talk about being naive lol. I'm used to some type of emoticon to suggest sarcasm. My bad.

entropys

macrumors 65816
Jan 5, 2007
Brisbane, Australia
To be honest, I think Apple should focus on business rather than non business issues. Little things like doing something about its ageing laptop range. It's pretty sad when dell and HP produce better ultrabooks, for example.

Reactions: Mums

nick42983

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2009
Warsaw, Poland
It should be noted that this is the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria. DDT is far more effective in combating Malaria than incesticide-treated sleeping nets. I'm not going to support globalist organizations tied to the likes of Bill Gates and the UN.

Mums

Suspended
Oct 4, 2011
Why are they promoting AIDs?

/s

Agreed. It has always bothered me that Apple promotes the AIDS / HIV / Big Pharma industry, which has killed so many people by convincing them they require their drugs / medication.

batchtaster

macrumors 65816
Mar 3, 2008
Agreed. It has always bothered me that Apple promotes the AIDS / HIV / Big Pharma industry, which has killed so many people by convincing them they require their drugs / medication.
Sure, because people dying of an immune disease all around the world is "Big Pharma™". Especially when the biggest hit are the countries (and continents) with little to no pharmaceutical industry at all. Tell me how your Chinese herbs will cure aggressive immune degeneration, or how everybody who died in the last 30-40 years from it is just a fabrication of corporate scaremongering. I really wanna know. So then I can fix it by attaching an "/s".
Your tin-foil hat has become so large it's become an incubator broiling your brain.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.