Apple Support Has Responded to Nearly 100 Tweets Per Hour So Far

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Mar 4, 2016.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Apple's new support account on Twitter has quickly gained momentum after launching on Thursday morning, surpassing 125,000 followers in just over 24 hours. The account has over 2,750 tweets as of writing, meaning that Apple's support team has responded to nearly 100 customer tweets per hour so far.

[​IMG]

Keyhole, a real-time social media analytics website, provides a closer look at the Apple Support account. The data shows that the account, and related tweets, have already generated over 124 million impressions, with 44.6% of users viewing the tweets from an iPhone. 77% of the account's followers are male.

Apple joins a growing number of companies, ranging from retailers to banks, that provide customer service on Twitter in 140 characters or less. A customer can send a tweet to @AppleSupport, and an Apple Advisor will typically reply with a generic message that requests the user send more details via Direct Message.
    The account will respond to customer inquiries every day between 5 a.m. and 8 p.m. Pacific, and it will also share tips, tricks, and tutorials related to Apple products and services. Apple support continues to be available on the web, or by phone, email, or scheduling a Genius Bar appointment.

Article Link: Apple Support Has Responded to Nearly 100 Tweets Per Hour So Far

2. Jukens macrumors regular

well they didnt respond to mine from yesterday about the atrocious landscape 3D Touch on the 6s Plus, even gave them a video.

3. JohnApples macrumors 6502a

Heh, I tried to call Apple Support twice yesterday and both times the call was disconnected before I reached a real person. At least their Twitter support seems to be running smoothly.

4. Crosscreek macrumors 68020

Crosscreek

Have to appalled them even though they were late to the party. Just make sure you DM them.

5. samcraig macrumors P6

It would be equally, if not more fascinating to see what's trending for support. IE - what are people asking for help with?

6. teknikal90 macrumors 68030

teknikal90

what did you foresee them doing for you there?

7. Jukens macrumors regular

...respond

8. Keirasplace macrumors 68040

You think they'll reprogram IOS and ship you a personal version? That's not why this thing is there, though they probably noted your disapproval anyway.

9. Jukens macrumors regular

absolutely and ship it UPS

10. Trogladite macrumors member

Must be different in different parts of the world. I only ever called apple support the once, left my number, and within five minutes , I was called back, two problems and a apple care plus sorted, all helpfully and with humour.

I really have nothing but praise for the way my stupidity was eased.

11. Nick Edinburgh macrumors newbie

Nick Edinburgh

Likewise.

12. Noble Actual macrumors 6502a

13. teknikal90 macrumors 68030

teknikal90

why?? and say what?? why would you waste their time

14. acedout macrumors 65816

"We really want to have that working for you. Please DM us.". Yawn.

15. Jukens macrumors regular

Because questions like this "@AppleSupport I'm using 4s, iOS 9.2 - just wanted to ask how to delete some permanent inbuilt apps !! #help" aren't wasting enough of their time.

16. \-V-/ macrumors 68030

Respond with what?

17. Jukens macrumors regular

We are aware of this issue and looking into a fix.

18. pentidoes macrumors regular

pentidoes

That must be fun: Let me tell you about my problem in 140 characters.
    "Ihaveaproblem..."
    Is that the reason why there are a hundred tweets?
    "Will continue in next tweet.." :)

19. Trogladite macrumors member

In my case it was mostly my stupidity.

20. timborama macrumors regular

But did they resolve the issue? That's the big question. Other than "reboot" or "re-install" that is.

21. Tycho24 macrumors 68000

Tycho24

Lol...
    Ok. Look here's an example of a QUESTION that can be solved easily over Twitter: "how do I enable battery saving mode before my iPhone drops below 20%?"
    Now, here's an example of a COMMENT that has no solution over Twitter: "man, my iPhone has this software bug when you put it in landscape, but idk really how to like fill out like a bug report or whatever, but I do Tweet quite a bit so yo Apple, maybe can you like put out like a patch or whatever you call it?"
    Maybe you can figure out on your own which one of these it's most intelligent for an Apple employee to respond to??

22. CheesePuff macrumors 6502

Whats with a couple of those weird accounts they are following?

23. Jukens macrumors regular

Thank you. I had no idea, I really thought they could handle the issue over Twitter and push me an update.

24. ike1707 macrumors regular

I appall them too, but I'm not exactly a stone fox.

25. JPLC, Mar 4, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2016

JPLC macrumors 6502

@Applesupport - Can you please fix Apple's strategy? #innovateordie