Apple sure took off the "new" sign on the Mac Pro under the store section!

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by jjahshik32, Sep 5, 2010.

1. macrumors 603

Sep 4, 2006
    I thought I'd mention how quickly Apple took off the *new symbol on top of the Mac Pros under the store section just when the new iPods have been announced.
  2. macrumors 68030

Jul 11, 2008
    Same with the iMac, and that one went on before the Mac Pro.
  3. macrumors 6502a

Jul 24, 2009
    You'd think the more "new" the better. Who am I to question anything Apple does, though. They know a little something about making money!
  4. macrumors 6502a

Nov 6, 2006
    Mac Buyer's Guide: Mac Pro
    Rating (225 Positives; 309 Negatives)

I suppose the majority thought it a relatively minor upgrade. Some were disappointed. The more major consumer items are probably much more their core market these days. away from their origins.

The iPod redesign I guess Apple feels is more to shout about.

Disappointing to MP enthusiasts. Less than a month now since orders begun and barely a week or more since significant numbers received theirs.

The base just moved from 2.66 to 2.8 (+.14) hardly earth shattering even though the graphics was probably the nicest surprise.
  5. macrumors 6502

Sep 14, 2009
    Whenever Apple have a new release, they take off the old "new" and put on new "new" on the new products, so customers can see what are new, and what are not! So, sometimes this is a month, other times it's 6 :)
  6. macrumors 6502a

Nov 6, 2006
    I see, but maybe if MP was a "bigger" release they would have spread things out a bit more... dunno? :)