Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iZac

macrumors 68030
Apr 28, 2003
UK
Good job it was updated by the time I reached the end of the article. I stopped Top Gear and nearly bricked one while I read it!

nostaticatall

macrumors newbie
Aug 26, 2011
Lancashire, UK
Ive has done some great things, but nothing is forever. Apple are moving into an area that is so different from the Jobs era which means change is inevitable.

They could call the tune to a great extent with previous products but now they're in the cut throat mobile device marketplace which turns over much faster than desktop computing, laptops and iPods. They may have to churn new product designs out every few months to compete in the mobile market. The likes of Samsung can create new models as fast as you like and arguing the toss over which product is better engineered or better integrated is like arguing the case for the Mac when Windows appeared.

I think Apple has a great future and they know exactly what they have to do to be at the forefront of technology and be hip at the same time. Young blood is desperately needed at Cupertino I think and maybe Jony Ive has got too old and needs to work for Leica.....

Northgrove

macrumors 65816
Aug 3, 2010
Ive has done some great things, but nothing is forever. Apple are moving into an area that is so different from the Jobs era which means change is inevitable.
He's back now.

I wonder how that does even happen. Seems like the webpage to be very careful about. Apple's trolling us?

sulpfiction

macrumors 68040
Aug 16, 2011
Philadelphia Area
So true: there are better looking phones out there. The Mac Pro is almost indistinguishable from the previous design.

Hmm....ur right. Now that I look at them side by side, I can't tell which is which. :rolleyes:

Attachments

• PC205726-mac-pro-2013--600x337.jpg
    PC205726-mac-pro-2013--600x337.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 116

MR-LIZARD

macrumors regular
Jan 9, 2012
UK
When is Apple going to get into the 21st century when it comes to online? It still blows my mind that they have to take their store offline in order to update it.

They don't have to but it probably helps in some circumstances and adds to how Apple do things.

Although product launches are well known within the rumour mill Apple never actually state they are bringing a new (for example) iPad to market until they give the keynote. If they removed the iPads from their store it would give away the announcement. Alternatively they could keep selling the old models prior to the announcement but then you have another problem...

..loads of customers suddenly wanting to cancel their orders because their iPad has just been made obsolete in the 1/2 hour since they bought it. Or their model of iPad is now available at a lower price point.

It does also help to fuel the hype. The store is closed. Something new must be coming!

RightMACatU

macrumors 65816
Jul 12, 2012
Ive is removed from the webpage
[Zombie Apocalypse-like panic occurs]
Ouffff... Ive's back
[Really people!? Are we running out of real problems?]
:D

MacHiavelli

macrumors 65816
May 17, 2007
new york
Keep thinking: No smoke sans fire...

Wonder how Apple made such an elementary error, especially when the page doesn't appear to have been updated at all. Anyone seen any changes?

Will be interesting to see if anything happens later today/this week.

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Nov 14, 2011
Keep thinking: No smoke sans fire...

Wonder how Apple made such an elementary error, especially when the page doesn't appear to have been updated at all. Anyone seen any changes?

Will be interesting to see if anything happens later today/this week.

When does Angela Ahrendts officially start?

CausticPuppy

macrumors 68000
May 1, 2012
He's back now.

I wonder how that does even happen. Seems like the webpage to be very careful about. Apple's trolling us?

Two possible explanations:

1) Jony wanted his image removed in order to make the page look more balanced with an even number of images; now that it's back, the page looks bad because there is an odd number of executives listed.

2) Jony was drinking in a bar with his friend who happens to run the website, lamenting that nobody cares about him. His friend says "naw bro, I'll show you how much people care, just see what happens when I remove your picture." Then the internet panics and Jony looks on with a tearful smile.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.