Apple T-Shirts etc in UK?

Discussion in 'Apple Collectors' started by Magnum26, Feb 26, 2007.

1. Magnum26 macrumors member

Magnum26

Hi.

Sorry if this is in the wrong section. Does anyone know of anywhere where I can get some Official Apple T-Shirts, mugs etc in the UK? I have found some for America but does anyone know of a site for the UK?

Thanks. :apple:

2. Sly macrumors 6502

Sly

I have never found any official outlet in the UK. As I understand it Apple takes a pretty dim view of parafunalia being sold anywhere but from The Company Store in Cupertino. As usual ebay is you friend, I bought a job lot of about 50 various Apple shirts from a U.S. ebayer about three years ago for a very good price.

3. MacBoobsPro macrumors 603

MacBoobsPro

Buy some cheap mugs and Tshirts and get a printer to print onto em for ya.

4. mkjj macrumors 6502a

mkjj

Only place officially in the UK is at the opening of a new store!

Then, as SLY said, eBay!

5. April Dancer macrumors regular

April Dancer

I might be missing the point completely here but I could never understand the complete lack of merchandising from Apple, at least, since '99 when I've been using Macs. Aren't they missing out on a HUGE market for logo'd laptop bags, clothes, iPod covers, mugs and everything?

I know that you can buy merchandise from several places online if you're willing to pay through the nose for it but I could never understand why there isn't a section in each AS. It'd be the busiest part of the shop. :confused:

6. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

I dunno. Maybe they care more about the novelty of the few sanctioned items? :eek:

7. Magnum26 thread starter macrumors member

Magnum26

I fully agree I would kill for a t-shirt. Apparently there is a merchandise store in Apple 's Headquarters but if you don't live in San Francisco your kind of stuffed. I agree that it would be a great idea to have a merchandise section in each Apple Store, plus it would get that many more people into the stores. I know if they did this it would be hard not to walk out with a load of shirts, mugs etc, and maybe a laptop or iPod while I'm there. Come on :apple: there is money to be made here!

8. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

*cough*Cupertino*cough* :p

9. Magnum26 thread starter macrumors member

Magnum26

That's the one! Why oh Why can't I live near there, although most of my time would then be spent in the shop rather than playing on my 360 :D

Any of our American friends live near want to get me some t-shirts, arrange payment etc!?

10. mkjj macrumors 6502a

mkjj

The first MacExpo I went to, maybe 1997? had a huge official Apple stand selling all things branded, coats, bags, Tshirts etc. When SJ came back he stopped it all. He hated the watches that you could buy (so the story goes!)

You could even buy direct from the producers of the items, Barlings in Kent I think they were called. Still got the Barlings catalogue on my shelf, some great stuff! I also have three official Apple product catalogues from the early days and the items are excellent, Apple Kite anyone? Tiffany keyring, shorts, a desk maybe??? the list is endless.

I have a lot of logo stuff but most is from eBay.

11. mhillman159 macrumors newbie

I don't seem to have any luck with ebay. Even if I do find something I normally get out bid by someone bidding with like 30 seconds to go wich proves impossible to get. I really want an Apple T-Shirt and have done for years but have had no luck. :(

12. Macmadant macrumors 6502a

The missing bite is american but they ship to the UK, i got in touch and they sent me some free stuff and paid postage to the UK

13. Magnum26 thread starter macrumors member

Magnum26

I too have had no luck in getting any t-shirts from Apple or anywhere else for that matter. :(

14. DavoMrMac macrumors 6502

DavoMrMac

I have a couple of Apple Store UK t-shirts from the Bentall Centre UK opening. If anyone in the UK wants to PM me with an offer.

15. Sly macrumors 6502

Sly

I'm going to put 4 sealed Apple Store West Quay and 2 sealed Apple Store Blue Water t-shirts on ebay at some point soon, they normally go for £15-£20 each. PM me if you want one before I auction them

16. mkjj macrumors 6502a

mkjj

just got a West Quay on from eBay, OK not boxed (but I have spares). £1.23!

Got to love a bargain!